Vegans on MyFitnessPal

Options
I’ve been on MyFitnessPal for almost 8 years and never realized there was a whole social community... anyways I am newly vegan and genuinely loving it. Looking for vegan friends to engage with, share photos of food with, and support. Pro tips and recipes all welcome.

Replies

• thetype2vegan
    thetype2vegan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi HI!
  • travelingbooklover86
    Options
    I am also newly Vegan!
  • MarianMarMoi
    MarianMarMoi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Another one here! :) Add me if you like! (anyone may add my if they like)

A little heads up, I'm not a person that logs everything I eat every day, so if that's something you (OP or anyone else) mainly look for in friends I will be a disappointment x)
    I use mfp mainly as a tool to help me learn how to eat enough, meaning I put in recipes, check how much one portion is and what it contains, and then the main goal in the future is to never have to calculate anything again, and just know what and how much I should eat.
  • TimsBarb
    TimsBarb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi just wondering if you know if their are any whole food plant based (wfpb) no oil people using this app. I have do clue how to keep set it up to list food eat.
  • ninalemon
    ninalemon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    TimsBarb wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if you know if their are any whole food plant based (wfpb) no oil people using this app. I have do clue how to keep set it up to list food eat.

Hi TimsBarb

I am WFPB. Feel free to add me, I keep my diary open to friends. I am not sure Inunderstand your question?

Ninalemon
  • Xholarli
    Xholarli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heey everyone! I’m New to the app and also a baby vegan for 5 months now! I am very active and will be posting a lot on this app... feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • RandallK86
    RandallK86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey good to see some other vegans on here. Add me up :smile:
  • Maggiefeikes
    Maggiefeikes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also newly vegan!!! About 6 months now and I absolutely love it!!
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    WFPB here!
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    There is a group you can join called "Happy Herbivores" to find other veg*ns and have conversations! :)
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Vegan here. Not super reliable about tracking 100% of the time, but I try!
  • nixienoonoo
    nixienoonoo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Long time vegan, also WFPB SOS + low FODMAP, new to MFP:smiley:
  • enane1
    enane1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vegan! Feel free to add. <3
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi lockwoodme! I started a group called Vegan Share. Would welcome new friends and topics of conversation. Stop by say hello!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to Happy Herbivores:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

It's the most active plant based group I've found.

Decade long vegan myself.
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Me! Vegetarian for decades and vegan for the past 3 years.
  • derrill_farley
    derrill_farley Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    TimsBarb wrote: »

I eat a fully vegan diet that has almost no oil but there are some fats in the small amounts of nuts, seeds, and avocado.

I had a gastric sleeve surgery 6 weeks ago. I started at 458lbs (I’m 6’3’’ tall) now I am down to 340lbs.
  • puravida414
    puravida414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Plant-based vegan. New to MFP. Happy to join groups and get to know what fellow veggies are up to.

My journal is not currently public as I want to keep track of things via the notes section (and that would presumably be public as well?) but happy to share and learn together.
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan! New to MFP!! How do you add friends?