I have a goal, but I need help!!!

Bijee
Bijee Posts: 28 Member
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Morning everyone. I started MFP a little under 2 months ago, getting ready for my wedding (7.9.11). I did well for maybe two weeks (if that), and then I fell off. I am now back and I am SERIOUS, since I got on the scale and realized I gained almost 20LBS!! I can handle the eating better thing, after I train myself. The hard part is staying motivated to work out and not getting bored with doing the same things. Please add me as a friend if you are inspirational, have good workout ideas and would like someone to share the journey with. My goal is not just to lose the weight to look good, but I want to make it a lifestyle. I have become very trendy with eating good, working out, losing and then getting back to my old habits when I get where I want to be. Please help!

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    I was the same way. I'd get into habits and then I'd miss the things I used to eat, or I'd get too lazy to go work out. You don't have to do the same things over and over at the gym. There's also good sites that have all different exercises from martial arts videos to pilates and yoga to dance. The one I use is www.exercisetv.com. It's great and there are a lot of short videos that show lots of different exercises that you can do on your own at home, or at the gym!

Feel free to add me! I'm starting up a support group and anyone's welcome :)
  • Bijee
    Yup! thats me in a nutshell. So the exerisetv thing has videos?

Thank you!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 425 Member
    I've been here since April. I've lost 24 pounds so far using MFP and 57 pounds prior to this using weight watchers. I work out nearly 6 days a week, sometimes 5 depending on now I feel. I keep myself motivated by the numbers dropping on the scale every week. I keep myself from getting bored by finding classes to take at my gym or just changing up my workout routines ever 4 or 5 weeks.. less if I get really bored of them. I'd love to help support you and watch your journey unfold. This is definitely a life style change, not just losing weight. I only have 19 pounds to lose before my goal, but have no intentions on giving up MFP! I'll add you and please feel free to ask questions anytime!

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    You can do it :-) First,, focus on the calorie intake given by MFP for your status and then start walking everyday for 30 minutes or more and by the end of the week I assure you will see the weight drop. If you want exercise ideas all you have to do is, just go on you tube and get the one you think is doable for you. My workout routine is all taken from you tube. You can do it my friend :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    You can do it :-) First,, focus on the calorie intake given by MFP for your status and then start walking everyday for 30 minutes or more and by the end of the week I assure you will see the weight drop. If you want exercise ideas all you have to do is, just go on you tube and get the one you think is doable for you. My workout routine is all taken from you tube. You can do it my friend :-)

3574379.png

And the best thing that I forgot,,,,,,LOTS OF WATERRRRRRRRRR :-)
  • Remember your goal.
    Keep exercise varied , swim,gym,walk, powerplate,classes, pilates etc, that way you dont get bored and distracted.
    Keep it up and you'll look and feel fab at your wedding.
    Good luck.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Welcome! And congrats on your engagement! Don't even worry about exercise at first if it's all too much, and just work on diet. Log EVERYTHING. If you love food...like me...the more "clean" whole foods, the more you can eat. I eat TONS of veggies now, as I can have a lot and still stay under my calories.

Second thing...if you can join a gym that has classes..JOIN. I was like you. Yo-yo'ed my entire life. Then I started spinning and taking other group ex classes. The hour went by SO fast....never did an hour of straight exercise before then. I pushed myself harder because I was around others, and the "others" quickly became friends. The variety kept me from getting bored and I lost weight quickly. I loved it so much that I'm now an instructor myself! Total 180! Give it a go...and don't be nervous. Everyone is only busy looking at themselves. LOL!!

You can do this!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Yup, ExerciseTV has awesome videos, and you don't need to be a member or anything to use it. It's fantastic :)
  • Bijee
    Thanks! I appreciate it.... Congrats on your progress!
  • Bijee
    sweet! I am going to check the exercisetv thing out.
  • Bijee

3574379.png

And the best thing that I forgot,,,,,,LOTS OF WATERRRRRRRRRR :-)

Thanks! Forgot to mention I hate water! i am working on that too! lol. :embarassed:
  • Bijee
    Welcome! And congrats on your engagement! Don't even worry about exercise at first if it's all too much, and just work on diet. Log EVERYTHING. If you love food...like me...the more "clean" whole foods, the more you can eat. I eat TONS of veggies now, as I can have a lot and still stay under my calories.

Second thing...if you can join a gym that has classes..JOIN. I was like you. Yo-yo'ed my entire life. Then I started spinning and taking other group ex classes. The hour went by SO fast....never did an hour of straight exercise before then. I pushed myself harder because I was around others, and the "others" quickly became friends. The variety kept me from getting bored and I lost weight quickly. I loved it so much that I'm now an instructor myself! Total 180! Give it a go...and don't be nervous. Everyone is only busy looking at themselves. LOL!!

You can do this!

Thank you! And we are married now!!! so i gotta keep him...(lol). Concgrats on your progress and thanks for hte advice that helps. I feel like I am trying ot get back all the years I didnt owrk out and thought I would just stay that size forever.
  • Bijee
    Remember your goal.
    Keep exercise varied , swim,gym,walk, powerplate,classes, pilates etc, that way you dont get bored and distracted.
    Keep it up and you'll look and feel fab at your wedding.
    Good luck.

Thank you!! I felt wonderful at my wedding and even my first time in a bikini on our honeymoon! While I am pretty comfy with my size right now I want to tone and build muscle. I know I have to lose weight first to get that going. I appreciate the encouragement!
  • Good Morning!
    I just joined officially last night and your post alone was inspirational because it does get hard, life happens, and you go back to the same old thing....next thing you know its 20 pounds later. I love to be inspirational, and recognize I need it myself...that's why I have joined. Do you have any game systems like the Wii? I find that to be a good way to do the excersise for 30 minutes while having fun. As a tip, when you go out to eat make ask for a to-go box with your food. Split it in half and put half of it in the to-go box. The other half you enjoy, drink your liquid and relax. No matter what, do not eat the other half until you get hungry again in about 2-3 hours. I was faithfully doing that and maintained approx. 12 pounds off.
This discussion has been closed.