Vegan needing to add some weight

Options
I’m 5’7 and about 122-123lbs. I became a vegan about 5-6 months ago and drastically lost a large amount of weight ( use to weigh between 133-138). Because Of my new life style I find it somewhat hard to obtain my weight goal (140lbs). My intentions is to gain a lb a day. Any suggestions (work out tips, recipes, things to consider to achieve my goal?

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats - nuts, seeds, avocados, oils. Get as much protein as you can. Strength training with limited cardio. A pound a day is far too much, that's 3500 extra calories a day, and you cannot gain more than a certain amount of muscle in a given period of time, so it would almost all be fat.
  • J_Fairfax
    J_Fairfax Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you mean LB a week right?

lots of beans, all sorts, butter beans, pinto, kidney, chickpeas and lentils, lots of lentils for proteins and sweet potatoes for carbs.

Learn to cook indian food, indian food is very vegetarian friendly and you can adapt the recipes to be vegan friendly pretty easily.

Dals, vegetable curries will be your friends.

Peanut butter on apples, peanut butter is calorie dense and has a decent amount of protein.

As the above poster says, nuts and avocado are incredibly calorie dense and rich in good natural fats.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’7 and about 122-123lbs. I became a vegan about 5-6 months ago and drastically lost a large amount of weight ( use to weigh between 133-138). Because Of my new life style I find it somewhat hard to obtain my weight goal (140lbs). My intentions is to gain a lb a day. Any suggestions (work out tips, recipes, things to consider to achieve my goal?

Is this a typo?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Is this a typo?

That's what I was wondering. A lb a day would be incredibly difficult to do short of putting heavy stuff in your pockets or belly.

1/lb a week is far more accomplishable.
  • rawvegpower
    rawvegpower Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As long as you’re in a surplus and working out properly, you will gain the weight. When you don’t see an increase of your weight bump up your calories by 200. I’m new to weight training and I gained 10lbs in my first month as a vegan.(I know about half of that weight was glycogen storage but still)
  • chenault2812
    chenault2812 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry all, yes I meant a pound a week