My initial weight loss is 31 pounds

Options
drissler1967
drissler1967 Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2018 in Success Stories
I was considering bariatric surgery. The surgeon told me that I had to see a nutritionist. That lady, Jennifer told me that I needed to eat high-protein low-carb foods and use my fitness pal to log all my food and drink intake. I am also logging all my exercise. I started as simple as walking around the Wawa parking lot. I was using map my walk which is a GPS for walking. It then Imports calories burned into MyFitnessPal. This way I could see calories consumed and calories burned against my calorie goal for the day. I also eliminated purchasing all sodas both regular and diet for my household and all fruit drinks especially cranberry juice and apple juice. My wife has been telling me for years that they were loaded with sugar, but I never stopped to read the label. My solution was to mix the cranberry juice half and half with water. In my mind it diluted the sugar. In reality it didn't. My highest weight was 368 lbs. Both my brother and my sister each hit the same weight and all three of us independently said, "that's enough". Our father died 10 years ago weighing 450 lb on a 6-foot frame. Our mother is currently also losing weight. Each one of us has lost 30 lb at least. We are very excited about our progress. I would love to hear your story and I look forward to updating you on my progress as my journey continues. I have already lost 6 inches in my waist. I had edema swelling in my ankles that was pretty bad. As I begin to eat less and drink more water and started my workouts the swelling begin to reduce. Then finally 2 weeks ago, I was able to get into an edema Clinic where they have been wrapping my ankles and lower legs three times a week. Now the swelling has reduced drastically and hopefully I'll be able to switch to compression boots to maintain the Better Health in my lower legs. I do a lot with cardio on the stationary bike and the stair stepper machine and walking outside. Those are my three main aggressive cardio's that are helping me to burn a lot of calories.

Replies

• bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are one a good way.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Keep at it until its a way of life because it has to be! Can't look at this as a merry go round ride!Its yours now cause you adopted it and you want to live for years to come!
    Think of doing things you were never able to before! How liberating!
  • prestongn
    prestongn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing part of your story! Congratulations on the awesome progress!!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the great work. They also have compression socks as well.
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don’t over do it. Take small steps and build. I personally found that if I go crazy, I get sore or I burn out and then slip back into old habits.

You are doing such a fantastic job! Remember it took years for that extra weight to get there so it’s going to take time for it to come off.

Keep up the great work ❤️
  • drissler1967
    drissler1967 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree. The exercises that I'm doing or things that make sense for me. I use the Nautilus for my strength training and then I'm also using four different items for cardio: stationary bike, stair step machine, elliptical machine & walking.
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great dedication
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congratulations great story very motivating, keep going :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!