Weekly Meal Plan

Options
Hello.

I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind casting an eye over my meal plan for the week?

lltjcac0wbmo.png

For info: I'm vegetarian, so no meat. It's all home-made where possible, so none of it is sauce from jars or ready meals or anything (no judgement to those who use them - we're just super skint atm so making from scratch where we can).

I'm curious what changes or improvements outside eyes can see on how I plan my meals, I would love to hear your suggestions.

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Looks tasty. I’m all about keeping things simple, so long as you’re still enjoying your food. Are you also watching your calories? You can eat as healthy as you want but if you want to lose weight (apologies if my assumption there is wrong) you do need to keep an eye on your calories.
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply! Yes in theory I want to lose weight but I'm not particularly good at it, hence getting back on the wagon with planning my meals. I haven't actually counted the calories for this particular week yet but I'm fairly certain the meals themselves will fall within my calorie goals; it's snacking that kills me every time.

I'm figuring if I can at least work on a solid grounding for my actual meals I can tackle snacking after.

I have a sweet tooth from hell so I'm trying to move my breakfasts into savoury territory, and to help get an extra portion of veggies in there too. I worry I'm quite carb heavy for my evening meals, so it's just trying to balance healthy with filling with interesting with a limited budget, always feels like one of them has to give!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! You really don’t need to worry about the carbs in your evening meal unless you start having issues with not feeling full. Some people, like me, find many kinds of carbs not especially filling, but others are hungry unless they get their bread. Play around with you carb/fat/protein mix to make sure you are feeling satisfied and staying healthy, but otherwise I recommend not worrying about them or trying to restrict too much.

For snacking, I’m all about pre-portioning. I’ve got a drawer full of various sized plastic containers, a food scale, and some easy-remove labels, and find it really helps to be able to grab exactly a serving of whatever when I want a snack. Working stuff out in advance can really help with keeping to the deficit, too. I know what food I’ve got planned for the day, including snacks, I know I won’t starve to death, and that there’s a portion of jelly beans waiting for me after dinner!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Pre-log it and see if it meets your calorie needs and gets you enough protein, fats, fiber, etc.
    Make adjustments until you meet your partucular goals.
    Generally protein, fats and fiber help people feel satisfied so those areas might be things to pay attention to and increasing or decreasing to find what works for you.
    Eat food you like and it will be easiest to sustain.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Just make sure you're hitting a decent protein intake and you're golden.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Hello.

I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind casting an eye over my meal plan for the week?

lltjcac0wbmo.png

For info: I'm vegetarian, so no meat. It's all home-made where possible, so none of it is sauce from jars or ready meals or anything (no judgement to those who use them - we're just super skint atm so making from scratch where we can).

I'm curious what changes or improvements outside eyes can see on how I plan my meals, I would love to hear your suggestions.

the last day says chicken in one meal and sausage in another but stated you were vegetarian?
    Just curious
    Some of those items sound really good and I havent heard of them before.
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    Options
    Calorie wise it's pretty much under every single day, it generally leaves loads of room but I can't be trusted with that much room for snacking. I think you're right that protein is probably a weak spot which I'll need to figure out how to increase in my meals.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Hello.

lltjcac0wbmo.png

the last day says chicken in one meal and sausage in another but stated you were vegetarian?
    Just curious
    Some of those items sound really good and I havent heard of them before.

I'm guessing the "veggie" is modifier for "chicken" and OP is talking about vegetarian chicken (like Beyond Meat strips or something like that). Same with the sausage -- there are many different brands of vegetarian sausage currently on the market -- Field Roast is my current favorite.
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    Options
    Yes everything is a vegetarian version - I just use 'sausage' or 'chicken' or whatever as shorthand when I'm typing my own meals out, tried to clarify them for the post here but must have missed some, sorry for the confusion!
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Pre-log it and see if it meets your calorie needs and gets you enough protein, fats, fiber, etc.
    Make adjustments until you meet your partucular goals.

That's my method too: plan it, log it, tweak it, eat it. :)