Over on fat - on target for calories

Options
After some time away from MFP, I'm back to logging my food and exercise.

While I was away I made some overall lifestyle and diet changes. I cut out nearly all refined or added sugars, starches, and alcohol, because I'd identified a migraine trigger in things that tended to spike my blood sugars. I miss wine. It's sad. Not the point though.

In the past few weeks of logging I've been losing weight as intended, but I've noticed I'm consistently over on my daily allotment of fat. The culprits - my regular consumption of eggs, avocado, unsalted sunflower seeds, almonds, and cashews. My daily calories are right around target, give of take a variance of about 100 calories. I do pretty well on protein and tend to come in low on carbs because I'm avoiding sugars and starches. I should note, I'm not intentionally doing "low carb" or "keto", though I have days that probably qualify because of my avoidance of added sugars and excess starches.

Since the fats that I'm over on are generally considered to be "good" fats from plant sources should I not be too worried about this?

My cholesterol was fine the last time it was checked about 18 months ago.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    There's nothing particularly special about the MFP default macros...your macros can be adjusted to whatever your eating preference is.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    No need to worry.
    Carry on
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Calories are king for weight loss.

Macros are for your personal satiety.

Sounds like you're good!
  • ceolyn
    ceolyn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

-raids the fridge for an avocado-
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Calories are def king over everything! Sometimes i go over on sugars and some days on fats but im still losing weight. Those fats youre eating are all from good and healthy foods as well so carry on! #unbothered :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Going over on fats isn't a big deal. Personally, I treat my fat and protein goals as minimums to get over every day rather than maximums to stay under. If the red numbers bug you, you could always tweak your macros so your fat goal is a little higher.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    If you're body is responding positively and you're making the progress you want, then don't change a thing. No two bodies are alike, and yours seems pretty happy with your current diet, so go for it!