Promise me?

Options
2»

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I struggle in the evenings too. What has helped me is to stay busy so I have less "free" time to eat crap. I clean out a closet, vacuum, take my kids out and run around with them (weather permitting). Also, I limit or simply don't buy the food that I can't stop eating - if it isn't around I'm not tempted! I also leave 200 calories for an after dinner treat/snack as well. CICO can work for you, but you have to be honest with your food diary and give it time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I do have a scale I use until supper time. I feel good until then. I'm my thirties, 220 pounds, 5' 5". I eat eggs, lots of veggies, a little fruit, all kinds of meat, and all kinds of garbage when I lose it. I haven't been logging lately because of all the junk and I don't have access everyday to log.

edited to add: Stay at home mom, activity level set at sedentary

You might find it really helpful to plan your eating for the day and log the night before or in the morning. That is what I do every day. You can log for as many days as you want in advance.
    I don't call things junk just try to meet my nutritional needs before filling up on low nutrient foods. . Take a look through some other people's diaries. You don't have to win a perfect diary award. My diary is open
    It is okay to eat what you like for weight loss as long as it fits your calories. Notice what fills you up.
    You'd probably stick to 1500 calories better than 1300. Doing something sustainable is better than faster loss that you can't maintain.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think the problem isn't your hunger, per se, it's your habits.
    I am also an evening eater and could easily eat 1k calories at night.
    Here are some strategies that helped me, and one or more of them may be of help to you.

1. Go to sleep. After 9 pm, my willpower for the day is done, I'm tired, my body wants to go to bed, and is saying "you want more out of me? Cool, give me more fuel" when what I really need to do is go to bed.
    2. After you have eaten your calories for the day, make yourself some tea, or coffee, or even a clear broth soup, something very low or zero calories that you can sip on.
    3. move yourself away from the food. Put away laundry upstairs, read a book in your room, knit in the living room, just stay out of the kitchen
    4. If you can do a walk or a trip to the park with the kids, do that.

If you are eating when you aren't hungry, it's not hunger it's habit, so change those.
    Good luck!