calories burned during working hours

my3catz
my3catz Posts: 6 Member
I'm new here and cannot find in the database anywhere about adding calories burned while at work. Should those not be counted in along with any extra excercise I might be doing?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Work counts under your daily activity.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    my3catz wrote: »
    I'm new here and cannot find in the database anywhere about adding calories burned while at work. Should those not be counted in along with any extra excercise I might be doing?

Those are accounted for in your activity level setting...counting them again would be double dipping. Exercise is added after the fact because MFP does not intend you to include exercise in your activity level...just your day to day...ie work.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    This goes under activity level: "how would you describe your normal activities'.

puo1y7zqazyp.png

you might look under the stickies at the beginning of the forums for Most Helpful posts, like this one.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal
  • my3catz
    my3catz Posts: 6 Member
    ok thanks for the replies. that is a tuff one for me then because I marked sedentary. I only work 3 days a week part-time but when I do I am constantly on my feet, running all over the place. very stressful job. so wasn't sure how to add those days.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    It looks like you are Lightly Active, since it’s not daily but you’re always on the go those three days.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2018
    Average it, if you are sedentary 4 days and active 3 days, pick lightly active so over a week your deficit evens out.

Or if you can, maybe get a fitbit or similar device to sync to your mfp account. It will then automatically adjust your calories up and down based on how active you were, but this would mean on active days you would have a lot of calories to eat compared to inactive days.

So the first option is probably better so you have more consistent days.