wil e coyote here - looking for help!

Options
And by that I mean If I were a cartoon character, Id be wil e coyote - constantly blowing myself up (sabotaging myself!) in pursuit of the road runner (a slimmer healthier me) . I have goals, I work out hard, but my lack of nutrutional discipline wrecks all my efforts. Telling myself I dont want it - doesnt work. cause i do want it. It (sweets, primarily) tastes good.
How do I get over the hump? I need like 3 weeks of good eating (make a habit). Any suggestions?
I almost need an app that alarms and reminds me about healthy eating/healthy goals - does this exist for androids?
I need the angel on my shoulder - and no one in my immediate circle is up for the job (my husband is s sugar fiend - and an enabler)

Thanks in advance for suggstions.
I really want to succeed.

Replies

• purplemimi
    Options
    I love sugar too! What helps me most is trying to take in better sweets, like fruits. Bananas are awesome, and if you peel them and then freeze them it increases the sweetness. Also, just a tablespoon of dried fruits, craisins, raisins, etc., can sometimes help a sweet tooth. Good luck!!
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You know what doesn't help is that you only took all of the bads that happen to my good Ole friend. Wile E Coyote is well one of my favorite characters ever in cartoons. I even passed a very important writing exam in school for writing about him. There is one thing you always need to remember about him. HE DOESN'T GIVE UP! No matter what happens to him. So no more excuses no more buts we are gonna work together on here and well do what he does best Get back up and get at it! =0)

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You know what doesn't help is that you only took all of the bads that happen to my good Ole friend. Wile E Coyote is well one of my favorite characters ever in cartoons. I even passed a very important writing exam in school for writing about him. There is one thing you always need to remember about him. HE DOESN'T GIVE UP! No matter what happens to him. So no more excuses no more buts we are gonna work together on here and well do what he does best Get back up and get at it! =0)

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

As Wil E Coyote doesn't give up, maybe you should try to introduce yourself back to the foods. I mean set up a weekly goal to try a new fruit and vegetable each week with your meals, then add on each week after that.

Hope this helps...

~A
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, depriving yourself of those foods is only going to make it worse and make you want it more.

What I would do is try changing one meal/snack at a time. Instead of eating candy, have some fruit. Instead of eating 10 cookies only eat the recommended serving of 2 or 3. Instead of a soda, drink milk or water... etc. You get the idea. Eventually you'll be choosing what you should be and not even thinking about it.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Now for some suggestions for you...there is two cook books you shall look at to help. Everything in them is readily available and easily made within a few minutes.

Now Eat This

The Best of Clean Eating.

There is sweets in there you can have and not sabotage yourself as well as awesome dinners etc. Dont keep yourself from what you love just make it healthy for you.

I.E I use honey in my protein shakes for some sweetener instead of sugar. So I am not eating anything processed. Easy as that! =0)
  • prekteachr
    Options
    Thank you all so much for posting.
    I never really thought about that fact that wil e never gives up - even when it seems like he never wins. Persistence is a good thing !
    I have a pretty good set of basic skills - no soda (over 5 years) and eat lots of fruits. I am just way to addicted to sweets (desserts). I have found in the past - that for me, I have to do without. Having a little leads me to having more and more every day. I have gone over 3 months with no desserts - than something comes up and I am back to square one again.
    But it is always the start of the "no dessert" time that is the hardest. It seems like 3 -4 days is my limit and then - kaboom!
    Really need to work on making it 7 days. Victory will be in my grasp if I can make it 7 days :)