Richard Simmons "Deal-a-Meal"

Options
Does anyone remember the Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal kits with the food cards, wallet, and recipe cards? My family used to have one but it got lost sometime over the years. My mom doesn't like technology so I think she would love to use this again. Does anyone know where I can buy one, or does someone have scans of the cards?

Replies

• Skworon
    Skworon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    try ebay they have everything
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    awww Richard Simmons. Why did he disappear? What a nice dude.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,995 Member
    Options
    It's on Amazon.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well when he first disappeared it was really weird.

Oh my god this is amazing. I appreciate him so much more now than I did when I was a kid and doing "Sweatin' to the Oldies" in the livingroom with my Mom.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Does anyone remember the Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal kits with the food cards, wallet, and recipe cards? My family used to have one but it got lost sometime over the years. My mom doesn't like technology so I think she would love to use this again. Does anyone know where I can buy one, or does someone have scans of the cards?

A few years ago, this set was a good deal on Amazon. It includes 2 DVDs, a set of resistance cords & the Deal a Meal set. E-Bay might have it............

Richard Simmons - Sweatin' for Life - ASIN: B003V6L95U
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V6L95U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I always thought he was a good guy. :) I absolutely remember his deal a meal.
  • ninalemon
    ninalemon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OMG, I loved Deal a Meal, lol
    I use an app now that reminds me of it, I like having a quick visual reference of the foods I need to eat :)
  • CoffeeAndWanderlust
    Options
    I've seen it on eBay but it's like $100! I was hoping there may be an alternative.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I've seen it on eBay but it's like $100! I was hoping there may be an alternative.

Collectors item lol.

You could try joining a local Freecycle group and asking if anyone has one. Someone may have one collecting dust they'd be happy to give you . Also try facebook market place or swap/sell groups
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    in the 80's me and my sister both had deal-a-meal and the sweating to the oldies tapes , I wish I still had them now . He was always so kind to people and really cared , I don't think he faked it at all. He is a truly good person .
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I doubt you'll find it for less than that unless you can find it at a yard sale or something. $100 seems like a decent price to me.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make your own. Search Pinterest or online and be creative :)
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My mom had that.
    The one thing I remember from it, is one of the cards said "three frozen grapes"
    Three. Frozen. Grapes.
    btw, I have, ever since, loved frozen grapes.
    And I loved him.
    He seemed sincere.
    i liked that he seemed to really want people to be healthy.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you can't find it for a reasonable price, maybe she can use my low tech meal planning method? I do use a spreadsheet (Open Office), but she can do it on paper. Create a table, five columns. The first is the date, the second is breakfast, then lunch, then dinner, then snacks/whatever. The table goes on forever. Each cell has three rows. For breakfast and lunch, they are white, pink and green (but you can just visualize the colors if you use paper). Pink is for fruit, green is for vegetables. The white line is for everything that isn't fruit or vegetable - bread, spreads, milk, porridge, noodles, wraps, omelet, whatever. Fill each category, and avoid having the same item twice in one day.

For dinner, the three rows represent protein, starch and vegetable. If lean protein, add fat. Every week I have a full rotation of these themes: M: soup/casserole, T: white meat, W: leftovers from Monday, T: fish, F: something new, or readymeal, or not fitting any other category, S: pancakes, pizza or cheese on toast, S: red meat. Every week has something different, and I rotate sides too. You (she) can use any set of themes, it's just meant to add structure and help creativity. Anyway, you should have a meal plan that fits your daily schedule, not try to fit your schedule into some meal plan.

Many useful tweaks are possible on a computer, but if she's totally against it, I'll just leave it at that.
  • CoffeeAndWanderlust
    Options
    Pinterest have printable cards and amazon UK has the spiral book for under £7

The Pinterest links I found were dead. Did you find any that worked? I would love to just be able to print them.

I wouldn't mind making my own for her but I found the lists/portions were good for inspiration and variety.