type two diabetics

Options
Here to lose about 80 pounds and control my diabetes.

Replies

• PeteReadmfp18
    PeteReadmfp18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i am high end type 2 diabetic (hereditary) and i am down 55lbs with 50 to go. i dont do the full low carb/keto thing but i try and swap out foods a couple of times a week for low carb days
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I said this in the other post , been since jan16th , my type 2 was out of control , A1c was over 9 and daily it ran from 185 to over 245 , NOW because I am doing low carb/keto diet , it is down daily to 99 - 156 (one day it was 156) mostly it is 133 to 141 . I don't see the doctor til april , but i bet my A1c has gone down . Plus I need to lose at lease 200 pounds , so far I have not weighed myself since I started . so don't know how much I have lost .
  • veganfanatic
    veganfanatic Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Here to lose about 80 pounds and control my diabetes.

laying off sugar does wonders for diabetes
  • TEXASFIGHT26
    TEXASFIGHT26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been diagnosed as pre-diabetes in June. Down 40 and hit plateau. Great book entitled WHAT DO I EAT NOW.
  • citybwoy
    citybwoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had a yearly check up w the doctor a couple of weeks ago (5 years overdue). I was told that my bloodwork came back all high. Sugars, bp, cholesterol etc. Eveything that shouldn't be high was high lol. So that's what made me do a complete lifestyle change. I don't want to take pills for the rest of my life. Gym, diet, dedication to both resulted in me loosing 10lbs in under 2 weeks!

Good luck to everyone with your goals! :)
  • dtelsah
    dtelsah Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed type 2 as well about 15 years ago and am now fully insulin dependent. Have to be careful about monitoring your sugar frequently when we are losing, but it will be worth it!
  • Amberwhite2007
    Amberwhite2007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been recently diagnosed with diabetes w. So my doctor suggested weight loss also to control my diabetes. I can see a difference when I'm testing. Good luck on your journey .please assist me