Do I subtract burned cals from daily goal?

Options
OK so I created my profile and entered my info including my activity level and it determined that I need to consume 2400 cals daily. Now, do I ignore the cals I burn during my workout of the day? Are they already accounted for?
Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere.

Cheers
- Frank

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    If you have set yourself to lose weight (Rather than maintain) then your calorie deficit is already included in your calorie goal, your calorie goal does not account for any intentional exercise so if you are exercising you should be logging (or syncing a device) them in MFP and eating at least a portion of that calorie burn back, 50% of them is a good starting point as the database and some devices/machines may overestimate the burns, if you review your weight loss after a few weeks you can then adjust accordingly and eat more or less as needed.

5jr9dtmsrrcv.jpg
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you workout, log the exercise here and it will add those calories burned to your calorie allowance. Eat exercise calories back, that's how MFP works.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't subtract them , I'd add them .
    Look at it like you earn more calories to eat by working out.
    With that being said though, be cautious because mfp is notorious for over estimating workout calories. You won't lose weight unless your at a calorie deficit. Some people only eat back 50% just to be safe. Play around with the numbers and find what works for you. It really takes some trial and error to get it right.

Always remember these things-
    You must create a calorie deficit to lose weight. There's no two ways about it so make sure your at a deficit if you want to lose.

Don't get pulled into fads or gimmicks. Keep it simple and remember all it takes is a calorie deficit to lose weight.

• pacoramirez5
    pacoramirez5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this helps.