Just getting started! 6 Months in.

Long time follower first time poster. I started my first couple months learning and forming the habits of getting into shape. The last 3 months have really started showing a difference once I figured out my macros. I started at 241lbs and currently at 213. I’m 31 and 6’ 2”. It’s incredible how important your nutrition plays a role in all this. I don’t plan to stop. p8lb9a1j1f2v.jpeg
3m0gqw2qubdz.jpeg

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Excellent! Well done.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Awesome job
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Considering how many people quit after six DAYS, six MONTHS is far from starting out. Good for you for staying consistent and seeing such great progress. Congratulations!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    so true.. time passes no matter what.. and you've stuck with your plan... you look way more fit.. what you're doing is working!
  • Thank you everyone for the support! I just wish I would have started sooner lol. Better late then never.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    Keep on keepin' on, sir! Awesome transformation.
  • CDN_Jay
    CDN_Jay Posts: 2 Member
    Amazing results! I am at a similar starting point today to where you were 6 months ago (similar weight, height and body composition). Can you provide more detail on what you think made the big difference in your macro adjustments?
  • thejerrapist
    thejerrapist Posts: 13 Member
    Fantastic job!!! I am also starting out and trying to figure out how everything works! Great inspiration!
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    You look much younger now. Great job! I hope to be around 30 lbs lighter in 6 months too!
  • CDN_Jay

I used MFPs interface. I was honest with my height, weight and goals. I changed my macro ratios to 40% Protein, 30% Carbs and 30% Fats. Also keeping my goal loss at only .5lbs per week instead of 1lbs curved my hunger so I wouldn’t binge eat. From what I’ve researched on my own I knew I had to take advantage of the newbie gains in a slight cut instead of bulk.

I can’t say what I’m doing is 100% perfect but it’s yielding results and overall I’m happy with the pace. I work out only 3 times a week. Usually 2 upper body days, one at the beginning of the week and one at the end. I’ll throw in legs and core in the middle. I play flag football on the weekends for fun so I’m sure that helps too.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Congratulations on a good job, keep going :)
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Awesome work! Keep it up! :)
  • Auryn57
    Auryn57 Posts: 2 Member
    I hate men. They always look incredible in a short amount of time. Well done! :)
  • I know I'm female but I was just comparing my stomach to your photos, lol. I started at 230 and am now 215.

Great job! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!