300 calorie meals

forever_20one
forever_20one Posts: 1 Member
Looking for ideas for vegetarian meals for under 300 calories, please :)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Omelettes would be easy to make at 300 cals - use one egg plus extra whites to minimise fat, add lower cal vegies (mushrooms, zucchini, perhaps capsicum/pepper)

Salad with egg (use a poached egg or soft boiled to create "dressing")

Smoothies
  • workmani
    workmani Posts: 141 Member
    One of my recent ones was a Leek and Sweet Pea Baked Risotto, or a Winter Veggie Hash with a Fried Egg
    For the Risotto I used the recipe posted on the blog as the base and modified it for ingredients I had on hand. Hash is easy, just chop some winter veggies like potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and rutabaga and cook in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, pinch of salt, and onion. I usually add a little water then cover and check when veggies are tender. I finish by frying the egg in the same pan. I don’t add any additional oil. Hash usually is good for 4 portions but it depends on what you use.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Lettuce tacos! So good.

Filling can be mix of:
    Corn
    Beans
    Mushrooms
    Tomatoes
    Cauliflower (rice)
    Tomato paste
    Peas
    Bean sprouts
    Etc etc mix it up!
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    under 300 is pretty difficult for something i'd call a meal, but here are a couple.
    two morningstar farms veggie sausages and a plate full of sauteed greens.
    a morningstar farms "chicken" patty on a light english muffin with a bit of mayo.
    i add sriracha to both the morningstar products.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    I love soups, especially for lunch, but anytime really. I make a hearty vegetable soup and a 13 bean soup, 120-130 calories per serving. I have 2 servings when I am quite hungry, one when I'm not. It is a great way to get tons of veg/fibre into your diet and the flavors can be adjusted to what you like. You can also add a small cup as a starter to a meal to help fill you up. I am happy to share recipes if you are interested, just message me.
  • desphaneuf
    desphaneuf Posts: 1 Member
    I'm new to this app and I'm still figuring it out. I'm looking for meals that are around 300 calories or lower.
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    TheTruthAtAnyCost Posts: 52 Member
    Ooooh, aloo gobi! It's bad for carbs but it is spicy and delicious. Someone above also suggested omelettes which are a great one. If you meal prep, make them as baked to-go versions in a muffin tin with whatever toppings you like.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    I just had lunch that was a little over 300kcal but easy to make just a little less of it. I used one pack of shirataki noodles, drained and rinsed them well. Put 200g of frozen prawns and 300g of frozen green beans in a pan with some ginger. When it was thawed by the heat, added the noodles and seasoned with Sriracha and soy sauce.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast stuff...vegetarian sausage with French toast and fruit. Veggie omelet with spicy sauce. Baked potato with veggies and maybe some cheese and/or sour cream. Smaller portions of almost anything to fit the 300 calorie goal...1 slice of pizza and a boiled egg, for example. Half sandwich with fruit and carrots or celery. I usually eat 400-450 calories at lunch but could scale back any of those meals (90% vegetarian btw) to 300.
  • mparth
    mparth Posts: 1 Member
    This is what I usually have for lunch. All of them except the egg whites are available in Costco. The egg whites and chickpeas make the salad quite filling. I also add a few chili flakes to give it a little zing. The numbers indicate
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Cholesterol in that order
    President - Feta Crumbled Cheese, 1 oz. , 28 grams 70 1 5 5 0 20
    Crystal Farms - (100% Liquid Egg Whites), 6 Tbsp 50 0 0 10 0 0
    Taylor Farms-Sweet Kale Chopped Salad, 1 cup 80 14 2 2 8 0
    Taylor Farms - Poppyseed Dressing Only; 1 tablespoons 40 3 4 0 2 0
    Goya Chick Peas - Canned, 1 ounce 23 5 0 1 0 0
  • Anameleth
    Anameleth Posts: 2 Member
    A dinner I love to make for 250-300 is 2 pieces of baked tilapia and a serving of veggies. The fish are about 110 cals a piece and veggies will vary, but a serving is 35-50 typically. I season the fish with creole seasoning as to not add calories and I use seasonings and I can't believe it's not butter spray on the veggies.
    You can replace to the two pieces of fish with one chicken thigh for similar calories. I love doing an earthy herb rubbed chicken thigh (190 cals per thigh).

More of a lunch, I make a 200 cal lunch by doing a sandwich. I use bread that's 35-40 cals a slice. 6 peices of cracked black pepper turkey (Oscar Meyer), a big handful of spinach, sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, onion, dijon mustard. Pair with a serving of fruit, like a cup of strawberries (50 cals). The sandwich itself is about 150 cals.

Cabbage soup is super low calorie! It's about 60 Cal's a serving once you split it up. You can create a recipe on this app with your ingredients to get the exact amount. It's chicken broth, canned diced tomatoes, cabbage, onion, ground beef (or deer or turkey), lots of seasonings to your liking. Many recipes on Google for it. It's very filling!
  • Anameleth
    Anameleth Posts: 2 Member
    I'm sorry I completely missed the vegetarian factor somehow. Ignore me 😔
  • lucadeangiles
    lucadeangiles Posts: 55 Member
    Just finished cooking one of my favorites! Super high volume and filling yet very low calorie. I added some cumin and cayenne to this. The basic recipe is 50 ish calories frozen veggies, 50 calories carrot/broccoli/cabbage type slaw. Cook it up in a pan until it’s all soft and then add about 2/3 cup rice. You can spice it however you want. Soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger is another favorite. I use water instead of oil to keep it extra light. Takes 5-10 minutes max and is delicious