For All You "Clean" Eaters Out There...

Options
Hey! I am working towards a clean diet... So, what are your favorite recipes, staple foods, or any other good tips?

:-) Thanks

Replies

• hurrayhurrah
    Options
    I'm not sure what 'clean diet' means, but I'm a vegan. I stay away from everything (even processed sugar unless I know it wasn't made with bone char).
    Staple foods for me would have to be spinach, tofu, hummus (hummus is your new best friend if you want to be a vegetarian/vegan. What isn't delicious about ground up chick peas and garlic?), veggies in general. I don't really like celery, but I'll make salads that have mushrooms, cucumber, carrot, tomato, sprouts, etc. Also if you look around online it's way easy to find recipes. If you have a stumbleupon, there's a 'vegetarian' option that's done wonders for me.
  • FutureM
    FutureM Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks! By clean I just mean whole, natural foods. Foods that aren't processed and refined. Nothing artificial or made with chemicals (yum yum) haha.
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    Have you checked out Tosca Reno and her books on the Eat Clean Diet. Some of them really break it down, have some great recipes, I LOVE the Kids and Family cookbook, we cook a lot out of it!

Check out the website and there are some recipes and ideas on it!

http://eatcleandiet.com/
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple and don't make many recipes. I just pick my lean protein source (chicken, fish, lean ground turkey, lean cuts of beef, etc) and then grill or bake. I make sure I have a big pile of veggies with it. My favorite is to lightly season the meat & grill it along with the veggies. Otherwise, I steam or roast the veggies. If I'm adding a carb source, then I will just boil some quinoa or Farro (it's similar to barley), yams, etc. But, I eat everything pretty plain. (minimal seasonings/sauces)