Hey all! What's for dinner?

Options
The hubs cooks on weeknights- all very healthy, well balanced meals, and I get the groceries and cook on weekends. I'm content to eat the same simple chicken/fish, potato and veg on weekdays but on weekends I want to spice it up! What's everyone cooking? Give me ideas!

Replies

• sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I’m planning on taking a boneless chicken breast and sautéing it with 2 cups cabbage, it’s simple but it’ll be filling
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It's the SO's birthday but we're both dieting for our wedding - so it's a nice rumpsteak with green beans fried with bacon.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti and meatballs, green beans, and garlic bread. I put some spinach in the meatballs to make it healthy
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of almond butter, 2 tbsp of cacao nibs, 1 banana, 2 dates, and some raw seed/fruit "lemon cookie" things.

Kind of a weird thing to have for dinner, but: it was what I was in the mood for, I eat "non-traditional" meals sometimes (for example I had dinner leftovers for breakfast today), and I went out to dinner on Friday and ate way too much (like 400-500 calories too much) so I'm eating less today to make up for it.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad with half a baguette. Not exciting but nice all the same.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options
    Tonight it's homemade pizza! I make it about once a week...it's my husband's favorite
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I made grilled cheese with avocado and it was delicious. I’m not sure why but Pinterest was showing me tons of different grilled cheese recipes today.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Oven baked chicken thighs with bbq sauce and broccoli
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Tonight it's homemade pizza! I make it about once a week...it's my husband's favorite

Yum! Recipe?
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Lean burger with BBQ sauce
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sunday night dinners are bigger. Tri-tip, baked sweet potatoes, and Caesar salad.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    I'm having a huge bowl of Friulian sauerkraut, bean and pancetta soup tonight. And as it's too low in calories I'll add a small bread that I'd baked.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pizza night! The crust will be two sheets of phyllo dough, then tomato, crumbled low-fat feta cheese and mushrooms.
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bolognese ragu over 175g whole green beans and 100g julienne carrot (both steamed) topped with half fat creme fraiche, cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes. Pudding tonight is two Cornetto type ice cream cones and a bag of Thai, chilli and lime baked crisps.
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup in the crockpot tonight. Easy. Cheap. Quick. A cold front blasted through here recently so it will be perfect!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're having blue hubbard squash soup and caprese chicken
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Lemon-pepper panko fluke (flatfish) baked on a bed of baby spinach, sliced tomatoes and garlic. Side of baked sweet potatoes and broccoli-cauliflower mix with home made lowered-fat cheese sauce.