Weighing in.

Options
I was wondering how often I should weigh myself? I usually do it everyday, but it is constantly changing. Yesturday it said I had lost 4lbs now today it says i've only lost two. I've done nothing different besides change the foods.

And should I set myself goals? For example "By this time I will try to weigh this much"

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how often I should weigh myself? I usually do it everyday, but it is constantly changing. Yesturday it said I had lost 4lbs now today it says i've only lost two. I've done nothing different besides change the foods.

And should I set myself goals? For example "By this time I will try to weigh this much"
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    It is all how you want to do it. I weigh myself once a week or I would drive myself nuts. However, I set a small goal and the date is tomorrow so I will weigh in again. I weigh in the same day at the same time wearing the same thing ~Nadda! As for goals I think it is important to do so just try not to set yourself up for a fall.....good luck and good things will happen!!

dd :heart:
  • bricker06
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday to keep me motivated but i only log my weight on sundays. this way i get my gain or loss for the whole week. and weight fluctuates daily.
  • Valhead
    Options
    I have also been weighing myself everyday to keep myself motivated. I find if I see I have lost weight it helps me to feel excited to keep going and if I have gained a bit back...it helps me not to think I am doing better than I am.
    I log it every day just for kicks. I like to see how my weight fluctuates over the week in the fitness report...see if I can find any patterns etc.
    Basically, do what works for you! You can do it!
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get back to weighing myself only once a week. Daily is too much for me even though intellectually I know why the weight fluctuates.:noway:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like to see how my weight fluctuates over the week in the fitness report...see if I can find any patterns etc.

That is a good idea if I can't kick the daily weigh in habit I can at least make it work for me.
  • moosemama3
    Options
    First off I finally broke down and purchased one of those nice new scales that measures everything. From your hydration levels to the BMI to weighing you to the .2 lb. I can't tell you how much seeing that .2 weightloss is helping to keep me motivated. That is stuff you don't see on your regular scales. I seriously hesitated on purchasing in fact started to purchase many times but being the tight wad I am never could do it. Finally I just did it and well worth the $40 spent. It also allows you to input your goal, keeps a history for up to 4 different people and gives you a readout as to how many pounds you are down/up etc.

Anyhow to answer your question I weigh in daily to help keep myself on track. My husband does worry about this because I use to be anorexic before having our first child. I have struggled with it off and on thru the years but I feel as if I have overcome a lot of the issues that led to anorexia and that I will be ok. Right now I just want to lose weight as I am disgusted with how I allowed myself to become. I know 3 kids and ending up with thyroid disease didn't help matters any, but I flat got to a point of not caring anymore about my looks. Now I working hard to lose a decent amount of weight before going to a wedding in May. Where I am the photographer....it is for an old and dear friend that I haven't seen in years and don't want to show up looking as I do right now. That alone is my biggest motivator and I know I must work hard now to not look like I do at present.

I guess basically find that motivator that gets you going, but don't let it control you. Oh yeah wanted to say also set mini goals of like 5 or 10 lbs what ever works for you and treat yourself. Like this past 10 mile mark I got a lisence plate frame that says "Silly Boys....Trucks are for Girls". Why because everytime I am driving MY truck and show up at the gas pump and guys are around they say so you took the ol' mans truck huh.... YEAH NOT it is MY TRUCK BUDDY.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. As someone else said, I like to see the patterns in weight fluctuation and see how it relates to different things. What I ate, time of month, how much exercise, how much water I drank the day before.

I'm my own little experiment.:smile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. I think I'm going to weigh myself once a week, like you moosemama, I wasn't anorexic, but a binger eater. I'm used to weighing myself everyday, all the time. And I know your weight is suppose to fluctuate, but it still depresses me. I will try to do it once a week! Wish me luck! hahaha aswell I think I will set goals for myself.

Thanks again for all your input :heart:
  • sinclairel
    Options
    oops...forgot to quote!
  • sinclairel
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday to keep me motivated but i only log my weight on sundays. this way i get my gain or loss for the whole week. and weight fluctuates daily.

Great idea!