Need help to lose weight

Options
Hi my bmr calories is 1,960kcals how many calories should I eat to lose weight without exercise or working out?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    The app tells you. Use the tools.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Plug your information into MFP with a reasonable weight loss per week goal and it will tell you how many to eat for weight loss without exercise.
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    How do I go about doing it I dont know how to?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It asks for that information when you set up your account...

You can change your selections here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • bbell1985
    Options
    How did you find the forums before the setup? lol. Try the link above and let us know that it worked.
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Ye it worked for me☺ I googled it then it said ask on the forum
  • bbell1985
    Options
    lol
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Does it matter what type of foods I eat or do I just stick to a certain amount of calories to lose weight??
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    Does it matter what type of foods I eat or do I just stick to a certain amount of calories to lose weight??

Calories are what matter for weight loss. Different foods can help with satiety, gym performance, energy, etc along the way, but it's highly individual. What works for me might make someone else want to gnaw their own arm off. Stick to the calories and play around with food types to see what you like best.
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Cool thanks
  • BitofaState
    BitofaState Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »

Not all calories are equal. Sugars and the quickly processed calories in white bread, rice and pasta will soon leave you feeling hungry again. Proteins, wholegrains, and the likes will leave you feeling full for longer.

The amount of calories matters, but success may come down to how you consume those.
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Any suggestions of whole grains that I could eat I dont really like eating rice or sweet potato
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Bump
  • sflano1271
    Options
    So just track foods plus I need to be in a calorie deficit to get my body fat down plus I need more protein in my diet to build up small bit of muscle mass in the gym
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Will I need to lose weight in a calorie deficit plus ill be working my muscles each day with weights