Why do you go to the gym?

Options
ZQGainz
ZQGainz Posts: 58 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Why do you go to the gym?

I go to the gym simply because I love it. It's my way of releasing all the build up energy I have to hold in all day because I'm either sitting down in class or whatever. When I'm at the gym I get to be myself and feel confident about who I am. I love the process and what you gain from it. I'm thankful for the gym

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like how I feel afterwards, and it's a nice form of "me" time that nobody else is really able to mess with. Not that they do it intentionally, but I can't read my phone, or solve other people's crises when I'm exercising.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I workout/move daily to maintain a fit, healthy body and great health.

Also to maintain my body composition and to continue looking good naked.

I do it for the cute clothes. Just being honest! It's awesome not being limited in what I wear because I'm trying to hide trouble areas, which I did most of my life.

I'm thinking about my future and I want to limit any health issues and keep the doctors away for as long as I can. Plus exercise helps to slow down the aging process.

Exercise makes me feel so amazing and happy and I look forward to my sessions. I make it a very high priority in my life and even workout while I'm away like on vacation or business trips.

I love trying new workouts and activities - things I could never do when I was 80+ pounds heavier.

It still blows my mind how I have completely transformed my body and lifestyle over the past 6 years. It inspires me to keep going and to never stop.

Fitness got me started and motivated to lose the weight and it's helping me keep the weight off. I am very thankful for that.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Because I like it... And I'd rather not gain just fat on this bulk cycle, some muscle would be nice ;)
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    well benefits of health, calorie burn, increased strength, vanity, improved indurance, clearer mind aside ..... I mostly go as its "me" time where I can spend 1hr-1hr:30m without being harrassed by family, friends and colleagues to do stuff for them

04:30 gym time ... I dont have to pretend to be a cat with my daughter, I dont have to run an errand for the wife, I dont need to attend a work meeting .... I just have to pick dat shiz up and put it back down again
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Technically I left the gym when I left bodybuilding and switched to triathlon. But I'm back there three times a week for cross training anyway. I could do it at home, truth is I wouldn't do it, because cross training when your sport is actually another doesn't really keep you interested so I'd end up finding excuses.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Because it's raining, snowing, too hot, too cold, to go train outside.
  • 1Workout1Meal1DayAtATime
    Options
    It's my me time , helps deal with stress, and process my thoughts
  • Viking_Batman
    Viking_Batman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Its my place of escape, lift heavy shiz, run hard, lift hard and train hard....plus I am going to be sexy as *kitten* haha
  • mikeb4bjj
    mikeb4bjj Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Id train even if it wasn't for health. Just love it.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I really like how it makes me feel during and afterwards. It's also my form of me time where I can just work on myself with my headphones in and ignore the world and my problems
  • VelvetTeddyX
    VelvetTeddyX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym because it always lifts my mood and because I’m working to get rid of this dang baby face! Lol
  • serenity8365
    serenity8365 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to become a better version of myself. I want to become healthier, physically and emotionally.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It helps my mood. I go with a friend and we call it Whinge n Weights--we talk out our worries and take it out on the weights. It's great. I like challenging myself.
  • becaholic
    becaholic Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to go often even if for 30 minutes. Now i get this anxiety before going and I end up staying home and sulking. Lol I'm such a baby sometimes
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to lift typically 2x per week. Cycling makes up the bulk of my regular exercise. I like the benefits of lifting and I enjoy it while I'm there...it just takes up so much time. Between getting there, working out, and getting home I'm easily looking at 2ish hours. With work, kids, sports, school, homework, domestic responsibilities, etc, going to the gym everyday is a non-starter...plus 2 hours on the bike is a nice ride...
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I workout on my treadmill at home 3x week. BORING. I go to the gym 3x/week for boxing. It's fun, I like the people - so it's social, it's a GREAT workout, I LOVE the coach, and I take out all my frustrations, anger, disgust, anxiety and fear on the bag or my sparring partner LOL. So I come home a happy camper :)