Stop eating

Options
What thought or thoughts motivates you to stop eating more than is necessary

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    peebles6 wrote: »
    What thought or thoughts motivates you to stop eating more than is necessary

I don't want to be fat
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I look at pictures of myself now and from before when I was not fat. That helps me a lot.

But what really helps me the most is making good food choices throughout the day so that I don't have to face hunger and cravings except at mealtime.

When I eat enough protein, fat, and fiber it sticks with me longer and I'm less likely to cave into the munchies.

But I do allow myself treats. I work them into my plan. Right now I am enjoying exactly 30 grams of brach's conversation Hearts. That's two servings for 120 calories. I am thinking though I should have had Lorna Doones (shortbread cookies) with my coffee instead lol.
  • tlasublime83
    tlasublime83 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror naked hahaha
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I found that some of the ideas from this blog post (link at the bottom) really helped me. The idea of ‘facing your fear’ of being hungry, and knowing that wonderful food will still be there when it’s time to eat again. Also hot tea/ hot water is really nice in the evenings when I want something but have already eaten enough food. I also try to remind myself that nothing will change if I don’t change. A lot of the media out there about weight loss makes it seem like you should be able to ‘have it all’ but I’m beginning to realize that you really can’t. Eating less means that you will be hungry sometimes and that’s all there is to it. But it’s not about deprivation it’s about getting used to not getting stuffed silly all the time. http://www.missminimalist.com/2017/10/on-eating-less-aka-the-minimalist-diet/
  • radbikerchick
    radbikerchick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time getting busy doing something else is enough. Sometimes stalling and promising you can eat something in say 30 minutes but you have to complete X task first can take your mind off it and 30 minutes later the craving will be gone
  • franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My experience is motivation start with a set of 3-4 small commitments to improving your health. It’s important to eat several times per day. Logging what you eat daily is another small commitment. Write these commitments down on paper. Tape then to your bathroom mirror, or somewhere you can see them daily, read them out loud. Improve you support structures. Your biggest fans may not be your family or significant other, Your might even see Resistance from them. Change is scary. Get a Coach. Thumbtack is a service like Angie’s List. Lots of new Remote Coaching options, especially good if you’re seeing cycles of weight loss/weight gain. Hope this helps.