30 day shred beginner

Options
I am stating Jillians Michaels 30 day beginner. Will I see results by doing the 30 day shred beginners30 day shred beginner?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What results are you hoping for?
  • Conicornwell
    Conicornwell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to tone and maybe take off 10 to 15 more pounds
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to lose weight on exercise alone. Believe me, I have tried. It’s all about calorie intake.

What is your starting weight?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Weight loss is about calorie deficit. Taking in and/or burning more calories than it takes to maintain your current weight.

3,500 calories for 1 pound. Let's say Beginner Shred burns 212 calories (I used 25 minutes, circuit training general, at 140 pounds). 3,500/212 = 16.5 days.

If that calorie burn estimate is correct, and I made no other changes, I could burn off a pound every 16.5 days. However, when people aren't watching their calorie intake they sometimes eat more.

Watch your calorie intake AND expect weight loss to be slow. Exercise because you want to be healthy & fit. Eat less because you want to lose weight.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

You'll tighten up, but 10 or 15 pounds? No.
  • sculls79
    sculls79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I done 30DS a few years ago each morning. It’s hard but the results were brilliant! Not so much in Lbs but in measurements and toning up! Really worth dining but have a plan for when the 30 days are up too!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    It's mostly cardio and not really strength training. You might see some minor muscles but I would not expect much of it. I tried it actually quite a few years ago and found it to be fairly useless. As I said: mostly cardio.