IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) ; low-fod reciepes

Options
I am looking for ideas to help maintain the IBS and foods that I would eat that is good.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Oct 2014 I cut out added sugar and all forms of all grains on a hunch it would help reduce my joint pain which it did plus many other positive side effects over the years. One was my IBS left within the first six months and has not returned for even one day in about three years. This month I turn 67 with better health than 30 years ago. Others post many different things that worked for them.

Best of success in finding the Way Of Eating that may resolve your IBS. Doctors never came up with a solution in my case and I suffered for 30+ years.
  • jog1111
    jog1111 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Get the FODMAP app. It has recipes and all sorts of helpful info. My husband is on the low FODMAP diet and it has helped his symptoms.

I make a lot of egg dishes like quiches and frittatas. Lots of recipes can be modified for low FODMAP. I am making a chicken enchilada casserole right now, but I had to make the sauce from scratch without onions and garlic. It takes time but if you make big batches of broth and freeze it, it saves time later.
  • storytime49
    storytime49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also had IBS and what helped me was cutting out all white starches and lowering my cheese intake ALOT because I love cheese and would eat so much in a day. With that I increased my intake of fruits and veggies and started to notice the difference. Even till this day when I do consume any form of white starch it’s only for one meal and days to weeks in between.