Hello any diabetics here

Options
Hello my name is tabby I'm a type 2 diabetic and former smoker trying to get my weight down

Replies

• Sasha24201
    Sasha24201 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had diabetes for 1-2 years, but a couple weeks ago, something (not sure what?) seems to have changed.. My blood sugar started dropping too low. Went off meds (Jardiance and Glimepiride) except for the metformin, and my blood sugar is staying in the low, non diabetic range now. I did start working out a little (very little), so maybe that's what changed it? I hope the same happens for you!
  • catt59
    catt59 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also a type 2 diabetic, trying to get healthy enough to keep up with my grandkids. I also have fibromyalgia and just found out I have arthritis in my knees.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    type 2 diabetic , doing low carb/keto diet , before i started my morning sugar levels were 245 or worse , Now only after 2 weeks my blood sugars are in normal range , 99 to 140 .... A1c was 9.2 , so i am excited to see how far down it has gone , but don't see the doc again til April . I take lantus 30 units and metformin , but my lantus has dropped to 28 units and I will keep dropping it til I get at the right amount for what I am eating . Add me if ya want !!
  • dtelsah
    dtelsah Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm an insulin dependent diabetic. Been eating differently for 3 weeks now and have had adventures in rebalancing my injections already. I've learned quickly to test more frequently when dropping pounds. Nothing worse than ruining a good day of eating well and exercise by having to push sugar.
  • mom2remy
    mom2remy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Type 1 diabetic for almost 40 years. Trying to get some weight off to have better control but it's an uphill battle. A1C skyrocketed this last time so need to make some changes and stick with them.
  • tybec2011
    tybec2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Type 2 here. Diagnosed almost 6 years ago. Its been a battle as I was always fit as a child, teen and adult until I was diagnosed. Now I have about 40 lbs to lose. I've been on metformin and insulin for years. Was able to get off insulin with diet changes. I'm weaning myself off metfirmin now. I'm down 11lbs with exercise amd clean eating. But it's slow.