Hello from Bristol Virginia, sorta new..... Over 100 pounds to lose!

Options
Sorta new, was on here before, a year ago, but wasn't really active. This time, i'll be using this site along with sparkpeople and my Facebook weight loss support group regularly....for motivation and support.

I am 297.4 today, started at 310 on New years eve. Was 316 last year. My long term goal is 160, so I have more than 100 pound to lose. I have 22 1/2 pounds to lose to get to my short term goal. I want to get down to at least 275 by mid April - my wedding is April 21st! Would *love* to get down to 260ish, but that doesn't seem like a reasonable amount in that short time.

I am limiting my calories to 1200-1400, though most days I get less than 1200. I do at least 1600-1800 calories once or so a week, for my metabolism and one day a week I do a semi-fast, eating less than 500 calories. I lost 80 pounds doing a similar diet a few years ago.

I'm trying to lose this weight for health reasons AND because my self esteem is non existent at this size. I truly HATE the way I look, avoid mirrors and cameras (unless i'm take the pic, at a certain angle....). I can't take this anymore.

a5e8si5q1cw1.jpg
This is how big I am now. :(

czkm745xstu9.jpg
This was me at 275-280. Big difference between then & now.

zzr21gjnntvc.jpg
2grhbsk8val1.jpg
These were taken at my most recent low weight (around 260) in 2013.

jcv01ckh3bhi.jpg
4d1rwv45ad20.jpg
And this was me at my longterm goal weight. I was between 160 and 180 in these pics).

Using these pics, old and new, as motivation.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hello , I have over 200 pounds to get rid of , so I understand . add me if ya want . welcome people here have been really nice ! I have only been on here 8 days . doing the low carb thing !!
  • Tucson_Traveler
    Tucson_Traveler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. All the best on your new journey. Feel free to add me.
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 total pounds to lose so I know the struggle. Pictures are great motivators and I do the same! Feel free to add me!
  • crazedknight
    crazedknight Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, good luck and I’m right their with ya. I’ve got 125 lb to lose.
  • khadl07
    khadl07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you too. I have 160lbs goal to lose. My first goal is 50lbs. Keep up the good work!!
  • ColinIsTheName
    ColinIsTheName Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’ve battle weight my whole life, but just got to goal and lost 134 pounds. I’d be happy to help if you would like. :)
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi! *waves*

I'm there with you, have about a 120lb weight loss goal. We can do it, if we put the effort into it!
  • brimom19
    brimom19 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started at 295 and I am currently 266.6 as of this morning. I also want to teach 160. Using this app for any and all encouragement. Good luck to you!
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Y'all are awesome and you've got this. I had a NSV today, I came home and ran for 2 miles without stopping...even though I almost kinda didn't want to run in the cold. It's all about putting in the work, especially when it's easy to skip.
  • lnorris289
    lnorris289 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi! I started at 287lbs and I am at 225lbs in a little over a year (I had a couple plateaus—currently in one). I was able to accomplish this by running and I had my calorie intake at 2000 then gradually dropped it to 1800. My major goal is to get to 199 then I will recalculate and find my next goal. Don’t deprive yourself. It’s all about pace and consistency! You’re gonna do GREAT!
  • fieldhjunkie
    fieldhjunkie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You should be proud of your journey so far! That's fabulous! Keep up the good work and you'll reach those goals!