Am I eating enough?

Options
MFP suggests 1660 calories daily. With exercise that gives me approx 2000 calories daily. I've been hard core counting and exercising for 5 weeks and I have only lost 3 lbs! Can someone take a look at my food diary and offer any advice? I'm normally 300-400 under daily goal. I run most days and trying to add a class 1-2 times a week....rpm, step and body pump are my favorites. Thank you!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?

Do you weigh your food?
  • heathermveloz
    heathermveloz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 40 lbs and no, I do not weigh my food.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

This is your problem. Purchase a food scale and start weighing your food. You're eating more than you think.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You're eating more than you think
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

There's your problem.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    sophyoak wrote: »
    I can't see your diary... Is it public?

^same problem. Have you set your diary to public? It's private by default. Using a food scale would probably help, but there are other things that could be possible. Are you forgetting to log anything like cooking oils or veggies? Some people skip them but they can add up. Are you measuring and logging things in the same state? There are entries for cooked or raw foods in the database. Be sure if you're measuring your food before or after cooking you use an entry that matches. Are you using the recipe builder or relying on other people's entries and hoping they're close enough?