Healthy baked treats

Options
pell0500
pell0500 Posts: 1 Member
Hey there,

I love pastries and baked goods. Any healthy/low carb but yummy recipes for muffins, loafs, cookies, cakes etc?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I love pastries and baked goods too.

I tried to convince myself for years that "healthier" things made with lots of alternative ingredients, protein powder etc etc were good, and a perfect substitute for the "normal" version.

They're not great. I'd recommend eating less of something really good, and savouring it - you'll probably be a lot more satisfied! (the only thing I make regularly are protein pancakes. They still have carbs though, and probably not less calories than normal - just more protein and less fat/carbs)

... It may also depend on your definition of "healthy". Healthy ingredients doesn't have to mean low calorie.
  • the_laughing_cat
    the_laughing_cat Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ok, not exactly baked but halfbakedharvest’s homemade coconut chocolate bars are unbelievably good! You just put maple syrup (I used agave) and coconut cream in a saucepan and make a light caramel, then add flaked coconut and vanilla extract. Pour into a lined baking tray and freeze for an hour or so. Then melt some dark chocolate in the microwave and let cool for fifteen minutes. Take the coconut mix out of the freezer and cut into bars, then dip into the chocolate. Double dip if you’re feeling daring -*grins*. Then top with crushed pistachios, goji berries, hazelnuts, cacao nibs...whatever you fancy, while they’re still molten and store in the fridge. You should be able to google the exact recipe...it’s super easy and not too bad for you. Well. Not as bad as a Bounty bar :-D
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Ok, not exactly baked but halfbakedharvest’s homemade coconut chocolate bars are unbelievably good! You just put maple syrup (I used agave) and coconut cream in a saucepan and make a light caramel, then add flaked coconut and vanilla extract. Pour into a lined baking tray and freeze for an hour or so. Then melt some dark chocolate in the microwave and let cool for fifteen minutes. Take the coconut mix out of the freezer and cut into bars, then dip into the chocolate. Double dip if you’re feeling daring -*grins*. Then top with crushed pistachios, goji berries, hazelnuts, cacao nibs...whatever you fancy, while they’re still molten and store in the fridge. You should be able to google the exact recipe...it’s super easy and not too bad for you. Well. Not as bad as a Bounty bar :-D

Sounds delicious... But probably the same (or more) calories than a shop bought bounty bar.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I make pumpkin bars with whole wheat flour extra oat fiber , oat bran, and almost no oil , sweetened with rasins, stevia blend and Erythritol a small bar is around 100 cal
    for ready to snack
    POP corners popcorn chips you can have an oz for 110 cal and it is about 18 chips I drizzle with dark chocolate for a snack that has sweet ,salt and crunch , they are also great with almond butter or hummus ( although that will not help a sweet craving .
  • LA2CHI125
    LA2CHI125 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how healthy this is, but it is low calorie and SO good. Take one angel food cake dry mix box, 20oz of crushed pineapple canned, mix them together (don't add anything else, just the mix and pineapple). put in 9X13 pan and bake in a 350 preheated oven for about 30 - 35 minutes.