Potassium, how to get enough

I log my food and like to keep an eye on vitamins and minerals. I’m struggling everyday to get enough potassium. Any suggestions?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Potassium isn't required to be put on nutrition labels, so many manufacturers don't do it and therefore the potassium values aren't included in MFP database entries. You're probably getting more potassium than you think if you're relying on MFP database entries for your values.
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    I've used a salt substitute called No-Salt that is made of potassium of some kind. It does seem to help lower my high blood pressure. https://www.livestrong.com/article/112551-potassium-salt-substitutes/
  • haleyrhart
    haleyrhart Posts: 26 Member
    Coconut water is a good source of potassium. I use it as a desert some nights.
  • ann_kristen
    ann_kristen Posts: 34 Member
    I thought the very same thing as the OP!!! I started to think I was deficient. But like another poster said, most foods don't put how much potassium is in their food unless it's considered a "health food". But I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to get more potassium through vegetables and fruits!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    You are guaranteed to be getting a lot more than MFP says you are, for the reasons set out above.