Best NSV yet!

Options
ashlinmarie
ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
I've had a few victories, but none as good as my most recent!

Here's a little back story: I first realized I needed to start on this journey in February. I knew I was getting bigger, but when my boyfriend and I went to donate plasma, I was having issues being accepted because my pulse rested at about 111 bpm. O.o! I had to sit there with a cold water cup on my wrist for 20 minutes to get it down too 100 which was the maximum accepted pulse. Also, my blood pressure was sitting at 143/95...just getting into the unhealthy ranges. Again, I knew I was getting bigger but I didn't realize what I'd really been doing to my body until that point. I finally sucked it up and started my journey for real in April.

Last week, then, I was injured at work...had a burn on my arm and had to get it treated at the hospital. While I was there, they checked my pulse and blood pressure as usual. I am happy to report, as of 2 weeks ago, my pulse is a steady 70 bmp while resting and my blood pressure is a perfect 120/80! While I still have some weight to lose, I am so excited that I've gotten some of my health issues in check quickly and all it took was watching what I put in my body and some exercise!

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That IS success!! :) Great work !
  • sarahlong09
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the good work.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Very awesome NSV! You must be so proud!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A great reminder of the health benefits of weight loss!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    That's such a good NSV. (I hope the burn is OK now.)

My resting heart rate used to be in the 90s, and probably went up to the 100s before I started losing weight too.

Keep up with the exercise and aim to lower your resting heart rate even more! It could take a few months but wouldn't it be great if you had a resting heart rate < 60 beats per minute!

You've come so far. 19 lbs of weight loss is not something to be sniffed at. Next time you're near some weights, pick up 19 lbs and walk around with it.

You started at roughly the same weight I did (I'm 5"4.5, started at 191 lbs). If you're roughly my height - things start getting really good around 160 lbs. Look forward to it!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

And Helenium, I would love to have that as a resting heart rate, but I'm happy with 70 for now! And 19 lbs is a lot...I use 10 lbs of weight when doing 30 Day Shred and it KILLS me...and I think to myself...wow....double this used to be on my body! No wonder I could barely get up three flights of stairs!

I'm 5'7" and definitely looking forward to getting in the 160s! I've already gotten my body fat from "obese" to "overweight" and would like to get my BMI from "overweight" to "average". I've got less than 30 lbs to go for my goal weight and aiming for Christmas time to be there. Would be fantastic to start out the new year in skinny jeans and medium shirts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!