Need weightloss friends. Im 5'6" 177 pounds.

Options
Im 5'6" and currently weigh 177 lbs. I was down to 165 lbs last summer but then started gaining weight even though i was still eating on point and exercising. I started asking doctors what was wrong... a few tests later... i found out i have hypothyroidism. My thyroid is finally under control after MANY medicine changes. But now my good eaying habbits have changed in to food obsession. And i never have the motivation to work out. I absolutely want to get back in shape. I do not even have one pair of jeans that can button. Im stuck in yoga pants! Please help! Id love to see before and after pics of people around my height. Friend requests are also more then welcome!!! Thank you all in advance!

Replies

• aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I’ll be your friend! :) I’m 5 foot 7 and currently 177 lb having just lost 8lb in the last 3 weeks. I’m aiming for around 140 lb although 145lb would also be great! I lost weight about a year ago and got down to around 150lb, bought some nice new clothes and then put the weight on again so desperate to get into my old clothes!
  • RiaA5
    RiaA5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm currently 173lbs. 5'7''. I'm looking for weight loss friends also.
  • ecr73
    ecr73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6.5 and 170 pounds. First goal is 14 lbs off then another 14 lbs
  • Catherine360
    Catherine360 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my highest weight was 188lb. Right now I'm 145lb and I want to reach 135lb and then think about maintenance :)
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" & 148 lbs. My highest ever weight was 189. My goal right now is 135. I'm more focused on feeling good and looking good than getting to a set number though.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 6 and currently 180 lbs
  • Amzi1
    Amzi1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 5’5 and 125 pounds. I started off at 133 pounds at the end of December 2017. Got another 5 pounds to lose till I reach my goal weight.
  • Itzzkeshagain21
    Itzzkeshagain21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey im 5'6 & 194 my goal is 160/150, however i was 211, before christmas i was 187 n 6 lbs back hence 194. I am now trying eat again. Need help to resist the temptation of food!
  • Myselvein2012
    Myselvein2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 5’8 and currently 175. I started at 225 and got down to 157. I think 165 is my optimal weight for my build and activities so I am working to get back there now! Always love adding friends.
  • stephaniehernandez2793
    Options
    I totally relate. Im 5’4 and have reached 180lbs, not too good. I used to be 105 and now I am here. This is my first day on MFP and I’m trying to figure out my macros! Im glad I’m not the only one.. I felt I was.
  • sasirois123
    sasirois123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need friends too!!
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi, I'm only 5'3, but I clocked in at 177.4 this morning :) I started in July at 263. Feel free to add me!
  • VelvetTeddyX
    VelvetTeddyX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1 and about 145 pounds. I have around 40+ to lose. I’d love to be friends and keep each other accountable :) feel free to add and message xx
  • digidoomed
    digidoomed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 158 pounds. Hoping to drop down to 140 before May 2018. Feel free to add me!
  • MailOrderBride
    MailOrderBride Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 5”3 and at 145, 15 pounds heavier than 6 years ago! (No kids!) my goal is 131, but I’ll take 135 :smiley: always could use a cheer buddy!
  • amandaarrie1
    amandaarrie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5’6” and 178 pounds - looking to lose another 40 after starting at 187... hoping to lose 30 before i turn 30 in June! Fee free to add :smile:
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 15 years ago ( Hashimoto's Syndrome). Once your levels are within 'normal range' you should be able to lose weight like everyone else.
    I'm 5'5" and have lost 9lbs since August 16 through exercise and reducing portion size/snacking (knee surgery in sept derailed the exercise for a few months). Aiming to lose about 5 more pounds but mainly want to tone and get back to sport.
    Add me if you want.
  • six1313
    six1313 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6" and was diagnosed as pre-diabetic last June. I would welcome any friend request and any advice in continuing my weight loss journey. I started with the intent of not becoming diabetic, which runs in my family heavily. Now, I just want a healthy life where I can be active. Last June, I weighed 250 lbs. Today, I am at 190 lbs and have 40 lbs more to lose to my goal weight. I have changed the type of foods I eat and stopped munching. I live alone and was grabbing food on the way home from work almost everyday and kept chips and cookies for snacking. Now I cook from natural, fresh ingredients; making extra for eating later in the week or freezing for future meals. And, when I want a snack, it is always fresh fruit or veggies. Also, I started a walking routine. I began walking with a goal of 1 mile each day, increasing that goal gradually. I am now walking 3 miles every morning and actually look forward to these walks. When I lost 50 lbs, I decided to join a gym. I haven't figured out where to work a regular routine in yet, but I am sure I will get it worked into my weekly schedule eventually.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!