Is it baseball season yet?

Options
Lennonluv2
Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
Go YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!

I just couldn't resist. Football's okay but here in my house we bleed Yankee blue.
Anyone else not caring too much about the game today?

Replies

• bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I grew up in the shadow of Yankees Stadium....go Bombers!
  • Lennonluv2
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »

That's awesome! I grew up North of the Bronx. My father got me started young by taking me to the Stadium for the first time when I was 7.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Lennonluv2 wrote: »

That's awesome! I grew up North of the Bronx. My father got me started young by taking me to the Stadium for the first time when I was 7.

Now there are metro North trains that run from the upstate counties of Putnam and Westchester right to the stadium now!
  • Lennonluv2
    Options
    Lennonluv2 wrote: »

Now there are metro North trains that run from the upstate counties of Putnam and Westchester right to the stadium now!

I think we took the train to the subway back then once or twice. The subways back then were always an adventure. I miss the old stadium...the new one is just not the same. I miss the smell of it, sounds odd to some but maybe you get my drift? And all the rowdy and fun characters in the stands from back then too.... The cost of tickets seems to keep out the best fans imho.
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Go Cards!! ⚾️
  • bwestdevore37
    bwestdevore37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use to root for the Yankees up until 1961, when they left Maris out to dry with the media. I now bleed Royal blue. Spring training just around the corner.
  • Lennonluv2
    Options
    I use to root for the Yankees up until 1961, when they left Maris out to dry with the media. I now bleed Royal blue. Spring training just around the corner.

Oh man. There isn't a thing they could do to turn me away. 9 days until pitchers and catchers!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Put me in coach I'm ready to play.