Where did you get your username from????

Options

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I took the species name of my favourite tarantula and modified the spelling to conform with UK spelling (because us ex-colonies still use UK spelling)
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    JD family nickname, Mac college/work nickname, 82 year I was born.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I took the species name of my favourite tarantula and modified the spelling to conform with UK spelling (because us ex-colonies still use UK spelling)

Yay. There are a few people here I am always wanting to wander into these threads you were one of them!
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Steam account.

I actually don't have ADHD, but AADD. It makes me hyper focused yet strings of multiple commands get difficult to manage. TheAADDTurnip just doesn't have that same identifiable ring to it.

And Turnips, what's more random than a turnip?

So now you know.
  • becaholic
    becaholic Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    An old friend of mine in middle school would make up silly nicknames for me. One was rebaholic so I just changed it to becaholic and now I use it for everything. Too bad we aren't friends anymore, we had some fun times
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Nietzsche. It's Latin and translates to "Love of ones fate".
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Yay. There are a few people here I am always wanting to wander into these threads you were one of them!

Aw! Thank you :blush: You've just made my day
  • Daze97
    Daze97 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Daze97 wrote: »
    This was the first username I used on the internet back on Yahoo on AOL. I suppose it was around 1995 or thereabouts. Not even sure why I used it here because I created this username a while ago but dropped off the face of the planet for awhile and when I came back and had to put in my information to get my username back, it said this. MY reply to myself was "What in the hell did you use that one for, ya moron?".

That's an old, old nickname btw...the story attributed to it still classified at the highest level. That means I'm probably the only one who still remembers it and why.

Well color me curious, now I want to hear the story!

OK, but don't tell anyone. I used to race three-wheelers back in the day when they still sold them. I wasn't very good, but I had fun. Well, except for one instance where I crashed and somehow managed to ding what little brain I have, and not realizing where I was walking, stumbled back on the track and got hit by another racer.

Hence the nickname: DAZE

There ya go, this message will self destruct in five seconds, minutes...whenever.
  • BananaForest
    BananaForest Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan. I always have a giant bowl on the dining table filled with bananas. My fiancé calls it my “Banana Forest,” so I figured I’d use that as my user name on mfp! :)
  • DarthBiden
    DarthBiden Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    t2xeogrjp50n.jpg

Saw this and went Sith instead of Jedi. All hail the Empire.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I like cats. :smile:
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Literally just my name lol
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Inspired by a Bath and Body Works body mist I was obsessed with in high school. The 1 at the end is a meaningless number.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I teach reading. Our school mascot is the knight. so, Knightreader it is. Plus, was huge fan of David Hasselhoff and it was close to Knight Rider. Just kidding, Baywatch was much better show.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    nbqisul9u8cr.jpg
  • powerof9
    powerof9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the power i feel is amazing
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    JustSomeGuy was apparently taken so...
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Mine is a play on my middle name. When I was little I couldn't pronounce my middle name very well and this was how I said it.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm not very original...play on my first name and year I was born.