C25k Success!

Options
tpycha126
tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
Yesterday I completed the C25K! I didn't run a 5k but we had a 2 mile race for the county fair that I ran in. I came in 14th and was able to run it in 17:14! My pace was 8:37! I have never been able to run like that ever! I was so excited to be able to run in a race. I plan on doing another race in November. That race is the Beer & bagel run and it's 4 1/2 miles long. Can't wait for that!

Replies

• helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. How on earth do you manage to run so fast? I regularly run fairly long distances - 9+ miles - but I can't ever manage more than a 12 minute mile. I'm really impressed you are so speedy having just completed the C25K! You must feel amazing!
  • Lynnz31
    Lynnz31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just finished week two of C25K and starting day one of week 3 tonight. We have signed up for a 5K on September 17th but at this point, I'm not real confident that I will be able to run the whole thing. I am surprised at how my body is changing just in the past two weeks of C25K, though. I've never been a runner, so it's exciting to me to accomplish this goal!
  • spampeg
    spampeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!

That's just the kind of news that will help me push through week 4. 10-12 minute mile here too helenium.
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Usually a mile takes me about 11 mins but I was just caught up in the race. Also my husband ran in it also, and he is a lot quicker. My goal was to keep up with him. I actually finished just a minute behind him.

When I first started the c25k I didn't think that I would ever be able to run for a full 30 mins, but I just kept with it. You'll be amazed on what your body can do when you just focus on your goal and try our hardest. When I first started I had to remind myself that it was okay to go as slow as I needed to, and that I didn't need to be Speedy Gonzalez right out of the gate.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I started week 7 today and have enjoyed following your progress.
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous!!! Congrats! I'm finishing week 3 and really really find myself enjoying it! High five to ya! Kepp it up!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    Options
    WOW Fantastic! I hope to be able to run like that someday. I did a different local 8 week program w/ a hangup in the middle and now I am on week 5 and loving it!!

Great job!
  • Karen_need_2lose
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am starting week 1 today. Reading your post gives me motivation.
  • jessiebombshell
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I just started week 2, and this was exactly the story I needed to hear. That's so exciting!!! Good luck with your next races!
  • dave_in_delaware
    dave_in_delaware Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome! i'm almost finished with the C25K.

The C25K program works wonders. And if you push yourself a little bit each day (once your body is used to the running), you might be able to run more than 30 minutes by the end of Week 9. I'm up to running 38 minutes and a full 5K distance in Week 8.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!