Weekend binges

stefaniaa__
stefaniaa__ Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2018 in Motivation and Support
Gets me every week. So frustrating. I get back on track every Monday but once Friday night hits it’s game over! Anyone else?? Help please!

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    So you mean literally binging, eating everything in sight with no control? Or, not tracking what you eat on the weekends and being more lax with your selections? Weekends for me do change up my routine, and are the days I have to try a bit harder to be responsible.
  • stefaniaa__
    stefaniaa__ Posts: 6 Member
    Depends on the day but usually the latter - more lax, not tracking. I usually eat more in general on the weekends. This leads to me feeling very guilty!!
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    You could always try making it a rule that before you eat anything extra (.normal meals not included) that you meditate for 5 minutes paying particular attention to recognising how you feel, and rating it on a scale of, well it's okay I could put up with this for a while, to omg I'm going to die if I don't eat now
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    edited February 2018
    Just log everything you eat. Will show you how the weekends affect your overall week in accordance to your weekly goal. And may help you say "hmm, I have to log that, and it will put me over. Do i really want that?"
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    I've been there! I've just recently gotten myself from binging the whole entire weekend. I've just learned to log everything I eat, and if I know I'm going to go out to eat, i work the rest of my day around it.