What songs do you run to?

Options
I need some new music to get me pumped when im running. Suggestions?

Replies

• ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    any and all songs by disturbed
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I listen to a little bit of everything. It depends on the run, the speed, the scenery. If I'm running fast, I want something upbeat or steady. If I'm just jogging, maybe some slower music. It all depends on your taste in music :)
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    infected mushroom! I listen to dubstep for my circuit training
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Till I Collapse ; By Eminem. Listen to the lyrics if you haven't already it always give me that boost to go running a bit longer.

And Sandstorm By Da Rude. It's Techno, but it's a long song and amazing! LMK if you try either of em!
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    I second the Dubstep idea. Also some heavier stuff, Ministry, Lamb Of God, Korn, Monster Magnet.. etc.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fiver finger death punch, killswitch engaged, seether, staind, atreyu, and other various hard rock artist. Most of them are a little too heavy for most, but they def keep me motivated and pushing forward.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Most of the days I listen country :-) This is my favorite site for all kinds of music :-)
    http://www.muziic.com/

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lolaandmasonsmommy
    Options
    Lady Gaga!!!!!!! Always gets me pumped!!!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    For running I like Armin Van Burrens "State of Trance" series that comes out every week. So yeah its trance music
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I mainly walk/jog (not quite up to running yet lol) to the Foo's!!

Edit: I think some Seether will be added to my playlist too now...thanks Tony2009!!
    More edit: and some Five Finger Death Punch - dude...your taste in music is awesome!!
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Manson. ;D
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    bump :)
  • annabaloo
    Options
    I like a mish mash, and like to keep the music relatively current...

"Home" by Edward Sharpe + the Magnetic Zeros
    "Helena Beat" by Foster the People
    "Under Cover of Darkness" by The Strokes
    "Stadium Love" by Metric
    "God Save the Scene" by Grand: PM
    "1983" by Neon Trees
    "Rebellion (Lies)" by Arcade Fire
    "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO
    "No You Girls" by Franz Ferdinand
    "Float On" by Modest Mouse
    "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + the Machine
    "Pale Bride" by The Von Bondies

Hope this helps! Enjoy :)
  • OnCmommy
    OnCmommy Posts: 40
    Options
    Dubstep! Great paced music for running.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I listen to Podcasts when I run - usually something that makes me laugh (Mail Order Zombie is a favorite). They are free and you can find just about any topic that's interests you. I also listen to Disney podcasts and try to imagine I'm running around the parks, instead of doing laps around my complex (hopefully someday I'll be able to actually afford a Disneyworld Marathon!).

So, being the Disney fan that I am I like the Tron Revisited soundtrack when I really need to get pumped. To take a relaxing run, I like the Princess and the Frog sound track. I mean, who can't run to a jazzy tune who's chorus is "I'm Almost There!".
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    "On the floor" by J Lo and Pitbull! I'm not a runner but that song gets me moving, no matter where I am :wink:
  • charsauce
    Options
    Radiohead - Iditoteque is such an AWESOME song to run to. Give it a try.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Brian Wilson by the Barenaked Ladies is awesome to run to! It really made me pick up my pace. :)
  • MikeVT93
    MikeVT93 Posts: 13
    Options
    "Dare You To Move" - Switchfoot
  • lucky1304
    lucky1304 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When making a new running playlist, I always get ideas from the folks at Another Mother Runner. They have tons of playlist ideas. Check it out:
    http://anothermotherrunner.com/good-running-tunes/playlists-tunes-to-move-to/