Intelligent Eating - 40 and losing 30 lbs

Options
Eating good, mostly whole food and no processed foods have been helpful for me. When you cut out those foods (most of the time), you gain focus. That, with a 4 day week/40 minute cardiovascular workout has worked for me. Fasting....not so much, but I eat light popcorn after 6:00 pm if anything at all.
I feel energetic and light. So good! What works for you?

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Eating food that I like within my calorie range, with moderate exercise. I eat everything - "processed/dirty/whatever" doesn't matter.

Ditto this
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m having good results just staying in my calorie range and eating a range of foods. I am more aware of how many calories are in my favorite foods so I can plan accordingly. I’m not a huge fan of cardio but I strength train 4 days a week and do a 15 mom cardio warm up each time. I’m in love with the fact that if I build more muscle my body will burn more calories naturally throughout the day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eating regular, balanced and varied meals, monitoring weight by daily weigh-ins, fine tuning weight by adding or reducing treats. No foods off-limits takes away the food fear and desperation that made me resort to overeating. No forced exercise makes me want to move more. I feel strong, energetic, happy and relaxed. 47 years of age, normal weight; maintaining 50 pounds weightloss virtually effortlessly.