Oats Recipes

Options
Hi I’m currently cutting for a comp and been consistently having oats for breakfast does anyone know any good recipes to change it up such as different things which can be added. Also considering this for when I go back to bulking.

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Are you open to savory oats? Pick a polenta recipe that appeals to you and substitute oats for the corn.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You could make zoats.... Bulk up your meal for little to no carbs.

Turn your oats in to pancakes (with egg white, and protein powder)

Bircher muesli/overnight oats.
  • Mandy1972M
    Mandy1972M Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried overnight oats? Mix 40g dried oats with 150/200g low fat greek yogurt or low fat yogurt, add chopped fresh fruit, frozen or tinned fruit in juice and leave either overnight. You can add cinnamon or nutmeg if you wish and a splash of milk, if its too thick.
  • simcon1
    simcon1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats and heat them up: 1/2 c rolled oats, 1/2 c milk, 1/4 c dehydrated apples w/cinnamon, 1/4 c walnuts.
  • singlexleaf
    singlexleaf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently started making a new overnight oat recipe for 350 calories: 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk, 1 tbsp CoffeeMate Vanilla Almond Milk Creamer, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp almond butter, 20g banana slices on top. It's amazing and satisfies a sweet craving with decent macros.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & chocolate drops for me!
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My favourite oats recipe is overnight oats with either fresh or frozen fruit and fat free quark. Top it up with a bit of water especially if using dried fruit. Chuck it all in a leak proof beaker, give it a shake and pop it in the fridge overnight.

I have quantities in my diary (which is open to all) if you want recipes and I eat it most days.