Insanity (again)? Turbo Fire? Chalean Extreme?

Options
At this stage in the game I'm burnt out :explode: and I need something to couple with my running. I liked Chalean Extreme but I don't think it was intense enough. I like the lifting weights thing though. I felt stronger doing it. I've done Insanity and I love it. I did one of the workouts the other day and wanted to do it again, however, it does a number on my joints. Then there's Turbo Fire. I've heard a lot about it. My cousin let me borrow hers and I tried to catch on but she moved entirely too fast for me. So what do I do??? I love running and will continue to do that, however, this GA heat is a ***** and passing out really isn't my thing so I need something to suppliment the non-running-due-to-ga-hell-heat. Any suggestions??? Anyone willing to start it with me (whatever it ends up being)?

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I live by the Tony Horton one on ones. They are fun and the cardio workouts work you hard but the're done in 40 min or so.
    I have 90 % of the 3 series of dvds. I mix and match them in all my workouts
  • GabriellaH99
    Options
    I <3 TurboFire. Seriously. Amazing. Workout. I know the Turbo moves can be tough to learn and keep up on but I have faith you can do it. The CDs have sections where Chalene will walk through the choreo and that will help you learn what's coming. Also keep in mind that as long as you keep doing the workouts, keep moving and try your best to keep up, you'll burn calories and learn the moves over time! I saw you mentioned your joints are a concern as well....which I can totally appreciate. TF has a modifier (like you had in ChaLEAN Extreme) as well so you can tone it down as needed or as you learn the moves. Also, be sure to order from a Beachbody coach as you'll get a free DVD that way (instead of just ordering on the website)! I'm a coach or if you're more comfortable with it, I can put you in touch with some other fellow Turbo loving coaches who would love to help as well! Best of luck fellow runner!!! :-) (I'm training for the Marine Corps Marathon so I totally hear you on the running in heat problem!)
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'll do insanity with you again! I have it, but never got through it.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Depends on what you're looking for. If you want more strength training, do Chalean Extreme. You could incorporate Chalean Extreme in with your running. Run on your cardio days, and then do the strength training DVD's on your non-cardio days.

If you want more cardio, do Turbo Fire. For Turbo Fire, on the DVD menu, there's a "New To Class" option that breaks down the workout. Basically, before each new section, there is a count by count walk through, however it does make the workout longer. There is also a low impact modifier that is almost always visible if you want to take it easy on the joints.

I haven't done Insanity. I think my knees would hate me if I tried it. So, I can't give you any input on that.
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been going back and forth myself as to whether do Chalean Extreme or Turbo Fire. I've decided to do CE because I like that it incorporates more strength training. I just finished Slim In 6 and got bored towards the end of the program. I have about 16 lbs. left until I'm at my goal weight and want to work on building some muscle and toning up the areas that are still flabby. So, if you want to do Chalean Extreme then I'm in.

8644877.png
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to do TF AND CEx? Insanity is out. My body just can't take that right now. I thought about it some more and realized that once over 200lbs was enough. When I hit Onderland I'll go at it again. By then I can do more moves. So back to the first question...is it possible to do both? :huh:
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Is it possible to do TF AND CEx? Insanity is out. My body just can't take that right now. I thought about it some more and realized that once over 200lbs was enough. When I hit Onderland I'll go at it again. By then I can do more moves. So back to the first question...is it possible to do both? :huh:

YES!! There's a CEx and TF Hybrid. You can find it toward the back of the TF guidebook or on teambeachbody.com.
  • vmrink
    vmrink Posts: 42
    Options
    I just completed the 2nd phase of Turbo Fire. I absolutely love it because of the fast pace. The pace doesn't allow me the time to think of how hard it is. LOL. I have insanity too, but that one scares me. I'm going to give it a try after Turbo Fire.
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I need a exercise boost, haven't done anything in the last few days. although I have been cleaning house. anyways Miss you girl, where'd your messages go? lol :wink:
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    I'm in, I need a exercise boost, haven't done anything in the last few days. although I have been cleaning house. anyways Miss you girl, where'd your messages go? lol :wink:

It's been a whirlwind of craziness around my way. LOL I wanted to email you yesterday but I ran out of time. The kids started school today, last week was the first week of football practice in 1200 degree weather so it was interesting trying to make dinner w/o cooking and being super fast. But I'm back at it. You gonna do it with me? Both?
  • road2peachtree
    Options

YES!! There's a CEx and TF Hybrid. You can find it toward the back of the TF guidebook or on teambeachbody.com.

Aweeeeesoooome. I'm gonna do it! Should be enough mix right? I shouldn't get bored.
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    I just completed the 2nd phase of Turbo Fire. I absolutely love it because of the fast pace. The pace doesn't allow me the time to think of how hard it is. LOL. I have insanity too, but that one scares me. I'm going to give it a try after Turbo Fire.

Insanity is friggin crazy--hence the name. LOL But once you do it, you can't stop. You just want to keep pushing and pushing because it is so friggin hard. You'll love it. Does a number on my knees though so I had to modify some stuff.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I say do insanity again if you want but I think to give yourself something else to do stick with Turbo Fire! Eventually you will keep up...Did you keep up with insanity in the begining? I bet you will feel great after you do it for awhile :)
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat as you..just finished insanity and loved it but def needed a break from it lol

I am currently doign a hybrid of Turbo fire and chalean extreme and it is the perfect mix of cardio and weight training...if your interested message me and iwill send you the schedule I am using.
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am currently on week 10 of Turbo Fire and I LOVE IT!!!! I am now on day 1 of shakeology cleanse.
    I have not lost any weight in months and I am hoping that Shakeology will jump start my metabolism. I need to lose atleast 44lbs to be at a healthy weight.
    I have been doing the TurboFire and then I will go for a very fast paced walk I make sure I walk atleast12,000 steps on my pedometer.
    I also keep my calories under 1,400 a day and eat a very healthy diet. I still cannot lose the weight but like I said before I am hoping that Shakeology will cleanse me out and jump start my metabolism
    Now on the POSITIVE note. I feel so good I know that I am getting fit. I can now keep up with chalene in the TF workouts and I am not as winded as before, so I do feel 10X better in that aspect.
    My advice is to track what you eat drink lots of water and Move as much as possible. If nothing else you will be more fit and Healthy.
    Good Luck with your goals.
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    I say do insanity again if you want but I think to give yourself something else to do stick with Turbo Fire! Eventually you will keep up...Did you keep up with insanity in the begining? I bet you will feel great after you do it for awhile :)

I was awful in the beginning. LOL I damn near cried and quit one day, but I kept going and by the middle of the first month I was able to do so much more. By the end of month 2 I was rocking it.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    LOL not that it is funny to cry but I am pretty sure with my ripped in 90 days I did because it was so hard now I cry because I have to get off my lazy butt and do it LOL!