Belly fat

Options
Hey. I'm new to this app as well as new to focusing on a fitness routine. I'm a teacher/mom and constantly on the go but never been big on regular exercising. I now have a gym pass and have been going 5 times a week (Mexico trip is a good incentive hey?). I'm by no means overweight but would like to tone up and focus on midsection as my tummy never has been the same after having two kiddos. Any suggestions on an exercise routines be to focus this area? (As well as arms, legs and butt!)

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yoga is more challenging than I thought it would be. Pilates, too. They both toned me up. But it was simply losing the excess weight that made the most difference. If you have access to the group classes, check to see if they have BodyPump. Nice weight work routine with focus on abdominals at the end.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose fat there. You have to eat less food. Exercising doesn’t remove fat. Otherwise why wouldn’t every obese person have slender cheeks from talking or moving their mouths everyday?

Exercise is great, but to lose fat it’s about how much you eat.

Eat in a mild caloric deficit and get on a workout program. Not just some mishmash thing that was thrown together. Quality counts when it comes to exercising and progression
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    This is the go-to thread for questions about belly fat! :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit, lift heavy stuff
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Follow an established full body strength training program that hits each muscle group 2-3x a week and eat at a slight caloric deficit
  • MarieMckenji85
    MarieMckenji85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I combined pilates, cardio, strength and yoga is when I got in the best shape of my life, working to get back there. A balance of all these helps.