Turned 50 and the weight starts

Options
Hi this is Ted. Turned 50 last year and can't seem to lose the weight like I used to. Plus my working out regimen has fallen victim to indifference! Help!!

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Don't let your age be an excuse. I have found it easier to lose weight after I was 40 and still find it easy at 52. But you have to move and eat less. As we age, it's easier to be sedentary and to eat more. That's why it seems so hard. My husband is turning 50 this summer and is cranking away with weight loss. He walks or runs most days and since he's started tracking what he eats and drinks the weight is falling off. You can do it!!!!!!!!
  • TeddieMao
    TeddieMao Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I exercise just don't watch what I eat. I love food!!! :)
  • Shugahhfatt
    Shugahhfatt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    TeddieMao wrote: »

lol you are dooooomed!!! hahaaa you might just MIGHT ...wanna watch what you eat...but Im probably wrong
    omg Teddie!!!!
  • jennjay1947
    jennjay1947 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love food too, so I wonder if some crazy scientist put stuff in our food to make us crave it more and more everyday? Sometimes it seems like it. Lets put down those snacks and all the unhealthy portions. Sending encouragement your way.
  • TeddieMao
    TeddieMao Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    TeddieMao wrote: »

Then why do you think turning 50 has anything to do with it? That doesn't make sense and sounds like an easy excuse for you to fall back on.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Age is just a number.
    Sure. Physiology our metabolism slows down as we age, but so too this is the case for many of us MFP members with different medical conditions.

I am almost 52, hypothyroid, suffered a stroke and have other medical conditions, yet I push ever day.
    To date I have lost 120 pounds in 900days.

There comes a time when you just say..... “ENOUGH”!!
    No excuses. You just take the first step.
    Log everything you eat and drink.
    Weigh and measure accurately... And just take it a day at a time.

You CAN do this.
    It is up to you!!