A Year of Muscle Building after 40lbs Loss

I hit my 40lbs weightloss goal in 2016 and spent 2017 building muscle mass. I gained 10lbs and dropped 2 dress sizes. Rethinking how I perceive a number on a scale has been an interesting process.

3wdki6dy16sg.png

r04ugxrxbf6d.png

jwoblogq00bd.jpeg

Replies

• thebaddplace
    thebaddplace Posts: 13 Member
    Wow! Thanks for sharing, you look fabulous!
  • Bechler77
    Bechler77 Posts: 65 Member
    Great job! You look amazing.
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Rock on. You looked good to start with. Awesome progress.
  • Psalm1139
    Psalm1139 Posts: 31 Member
    Do you use a corset? Your waist is amazing!!!!!
  • J_Fairfax
    J_Fairfax Posts: 57 Member
    wow that is a really impressive transformation you have undertaken, very inspirational!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Wow looking great!!
  • VelvetTeddyX
    VelvetTeddyX Posts: 97 Member
    What’s your gym routine like? I need some motivation and guidance in terms of fitness... I’d love to work on getting fit and increasing my muscle mass but I’m so new..
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Amazing job. A real inspiration!
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    jrulo16 wrote: »
    Psalm1139 wrote: »

My waist is 25inches and the result of a genetic lottery win. I do not do any special training for it.

Wow! You really did win the genetic lottery with your gorgeous curves. Most women would kill to look like you at any stage of your transformation. But you can definitely see the hard work you have put in the past couple of years. Way to go!

Which is why I felt the need to point out that I am genetically lucky when it comes to my frame. My shape may be an unrealistic goal to some women no matter how much they diet and exercise.

My bodyfat% on the other hand took a LOT of hard work and being consistent with my nutrition and workout plan. Luck and genetics do not get to take credit for that. Luck doesn’t have me up every Sunday at 5am meal prepping or going to my workouts.

*Kitten*, when I was 18 my waist was 25 inches too, but at the time I thought I was fat. Looking at your inspiring pictures, I hate myself for not knowing how good I had it (not awesomely curvy like you, for the record, just skinny—the point is I thought I was fat then and that was clearly ridiculous). The good news is that while said waist had actually hit 40 inches at my highest, it is currently at 32. I'll never make it back to 25 again, so congratulations again on your weight loss and muscle building success (as well as the 'genetic lottery' you cited)!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Your waist is so teeny tiny! Bombshell! Good work!
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    HDBKLM wrote: »
    Psalm1139 wrote: »

My waist is 25inches and the result of a genetic lottery win. I do not do any special training for it.

Wow! You really did win the genetic lottery with your gorgeous curves. Most women would kill to look like you at any stage of your transformation. But you can definitely see the hard work you have put in the past couple of years. Way to go!

Which is why I felt the need to point out that I am genetically lucky when it comes to my frame. My shape may be an unrealistic goal to some women no matter how much they diet and exercise.

My bodyfat% on the other hand took a LOT of hard work and being consistent with my nutrition and workout plan. Luck and genetics do not get to take credit for that. Luck doesn’t have me up every Sunday at 5am meal prepping or going to my workouts.

*Kitten*, when I was 18 my waist was 25 inches too, but at the time I thought I was fat. Looking at your inspiring pictures, I hate myself for not knowing how good I had it (not awesomely curvy like you, for the record, just skinny—the point is I thought I was fat then and that was clearly ridiculous). The good news is that while said waist had actually hit 40 inches at my highest, it is currently at 32. I'll never make it back to 25 again, so congratulations again on your weight loss and muscle building success (as well as the 'genetic lottery' you cited)!

I am 31 years old (in case that may be helpful to you). You may be able to get back to that place.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    You have such a fantastic shape and your hard work shows! Fantastic job!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    you look great. thanks for the inspiration!
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Amazing. I gained 10 lbs while training this year and definitely did NOT go down in dress size.

You look like a real life super hero! I have kept my old clothes in case I get some serious gains.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Amazing. I gained 10 lbs while training this year and definitely did NOT go down in dress size.

You look like a real life super hero! I have kept my old clothes in case I get some serious gains.

Good lighting and angle :)

Yeah I keep a couple of bigger things around. I also lost enough weigh to be a size 4 jean and I just threw them out (gave them away). No way I'll ever be a size 4 again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!