I’m having commitment issues, pls help MFP community

Options
I’m having hard time psyching myself up for this next cut. Really it’s only a few more pounds to loose, i had a couple months in maintenance and it’s coming down to saying I’ll start Monday and then the next Monday comes, and the next.. I enter in a meal plan with my target calories and then I do nothing. how do I start this all over again? Should I just wait until I can 100% commit? How do you get yourself ready for this process? I don’t really want to do it but I know I should...

Replies

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to cut out 100 cals, at least until you're ready to take on a greater deficit. What's 100 calories right? You'll lose very slowly but at least you'll be losing something while getting psyched up.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For me, before I start a cut after a bulk or maintenance, I do a weigh-in, take measurements, photos... then I organize my workout plans, figure out my macros and calories, put together recipes, meal plan for the week, go grocery shopping. That usually gets me excited to start. But you say you don't want to do it.. why should you? What are your goals? The last few lbs can be difficult and sometimes take the most motivation.. you really have to want to do it at the end of the day.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Dont be a quitter

I know yo got a couple of woos but I think this is actually what I need to hear, thank you!
    whosshe wrote: »
    My advice would be to cut out 100 cals, at least until you're ready to take on a greater deficit. What's 100 calories right? You'll lose very slowly but at least you'll be losing something while getting psyched up.

That’s doable, thank you
  • 22PixieDust
    22PixieDust Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Just start tracking. Then make small changes in your daily consumption. Once you get something down, change something else. A little bit goes a long way! No need to over-think it or stress over it.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    For me, before I start a cut after a bulk or maintenance, I do a weigh-in, take measurements, photos... then I organize my workout plans, figure out my macros and calories, put together recipes, meal plan for the week, go grocery shopping. That usually gets me excited to start. But you say you don't want to do it.. why should you? What are your goals? The last few lbs can be difficult and sometimes take the most motivation.. you really have to want to do it at the end of the day.

I just don’t want to deal with the discomfort of being in a deficit but I feel like I should just finish what I started. I think I was hoping that by posting something it would help give me motivation but you’re right, I know it has to come from me. Maybe I’ll just take it one week at a time. Thanks for your insight!

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Think of it as you do going to work, getting out of bed, getting dressed. You may not necessarily *feel* like it but you gotta do it anyway because you're a functional adult and these are things adults do.

How much more do you want to lose? Why not make your current weight your new normal? What's stopping you from that?

Personally I want to get to 145 because it would be 100 lb lost (and still welllll within my normal weight range) but I'm not opposed to staying at 150 or 155 when I get there if I like what I see...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't feel the need to lose any more... if that's the case then keep doing what you're doing, but if not then you know what you need to do.
  • TriPaulCantRun
    TriPaulCantRun Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd wait until I really wanted to do it, much more likely to be successful.
  • lucyxolu
    lucyxolu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would say keep it simple and just start off with logging with no intentions in mind. Add some new friends to your friends list and get motivation there - feel free to add me. My diary is open.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You either want to lose the weight or you don't. If you want it bad enough, you'll overcome those mental hurdles and just do it.

If you're content with your current size, perhaps recomping would be the better option? :)