Tim Horton's

jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
So I skipped breakfast today (not good, I know!) so I could grab a Tim Horton's XL Double Double (I usually had a Triple Triple before) and it tastes HORRIBLE! Maybe my taste buds are changing... OR maybe they just made a horrible pot of coffee today. Either way 280 calories and 14 grams of fat for NOTHING. Sigh. I should have just had Oatmeal.

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    So I skipped breakfast today (not good, I know!) so I could grab a Tim Horton's XL Double Double (I usually had a Triple Triple before) and it tastes HORRIBLE! Maybe my taste buds are changing... OR maybe they just made a horrible pot of coffee today. Either way 280 calories and 14 grams of fat for NOTHING. Sigh. I should have just had Oatmeal.
  • Maybe it's your body telling you that it doesn't like that stuff anymore.........................:wink:
  • I think maybe your taste in coffee is evolving!

Try to switch to milk instead of cream. It's a small change and it's easy to get used to it. It doesn't taste that differently either. Start with 2% and then move down to skim milk. Or have a latte rather than Tim Hortons - a tall nonfat latte is only 100 calories if you don't put sugar in it, or a little bit of sugar is only around 15 cals. And it is so much more of a treat than a Tim's double double!!

Good luck - and by the way, don't skip breakfast anymore, it's the most important meal of the day ;P
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Ya...i started out drinking double doubles and am now down to practically black coffee.....my taste has changed majorly!!!! My hubby drinks double double and they switched our orders by accident and i swear I took one sip and almost threw up, I had to roll down the window and spit it out it was sooooo gross!!! so, I would embrace the change!!!
This discussion has been closed.