How do you keep the evening meal interesting?

Options
I feel as if my evening meals have become boring and lack lusture..so in order to spice it up a little I am going to try the following plan:

Mon - No carb meal
Tues- Vegeterian meal
Wed - salad/ soup for dinner ( a hearty one)
Thurs - a NEW recipe
Fri and Sat - not going to tie down
Sun - we always do a roast

Hopefully will get me eating something new!!

How do you keep the evening meal interesting?

Replies

• CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started looking up Low Calorie dinners the big hit at home was the Chicken Fajita-Ranch wrap.....the kids who like nothing -- LOOOOVED it!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Instead of falling in a dinner rut and eating the same things week after week, I always try a new recipe at least once a week. Also, we generally eat meatless meals 2-3 nights a week.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i rummage thru low cal recipes and see which one i can try based on what i have at home... or i'll head to the supermarket to get some ingredients.

oooh, or i'll think of my favourite kinds of fast food and try to reproduce them in a healthier way
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    we rarely eat the same thing twice. you are welcome to check out my blog for some new meal ideas. :)

everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I will do thank you :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never found dinner boring, but that may be because I really love to cook, and my husband is a good cook too. I would suggest getting some good healthy cookbooks.
  • AllisonS79
    AllisonS79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I found a great low carb recipe that I tried this weekend at a cook out. Everyone loved it!

7 layer salad:

Layer the following in a big bowl:

shredded lettuce
    frozen peas (don't defrost, they will thaw, so make it at least an hour ahead of time)
    chopped hardboiled eggs
    crumbled bacon (I used pre-made bacon bit things)
    sliced scallions
    ranch dressing
    shredded cheddar

YUM!! I'm going to start bringing this to work for lunch.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

The Santa Fe Chicken is AMAZING, The easiest broccoli and pasta is really great too and WAY filling when I didn't expect it to be.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps to try new recipes - whenever I get in a rut, I go searching on skinnytaste, allrecipes or the cooking light website.

This time of year is actually kind of boring to me. We grill all the time, which is great because it means hubby helps out with dinner on a regular basis but I get tired of the same old meat, carb side and veggie combo every night. So I've decided to take advantage of the cooler days we get now and then and make one of my favorite light casseroles to keep it interesting. I've also tried to get more fish in the mix this summer. We've never grilled it before but it's pretty easy and very quick! In fact, I think I might pick up a couple swordfish steaks tonight...
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips

I love to cook and have a library of books at home but with work, gym and commute the weeks fly by and I tend to sitck to tried and tested when I am in a hurry!!

I am going to stick to the plan and think about something different to make - I am getting bored,.,.....

Thanks for all the sites will check them out :)
  • DianaK78
    DianaK78 Posts: 55
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

The Santa Fe Chicken is AMAZING, The easiest broccoli and pasta is really great too and WAY filling when I didn't expect it to be.

I agree!!! skinnytaste is my favorite website for recipe's =)
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have over 50 cookbooks ... and a recipe index that's 1000+ and still growing.