What is your heart rate while cleaning?

Options
For those who wear fitbits, and heart rate watches, I am curious what your heart rate is while cleaning. Ive had issues with heart rate being too fast for about a year now. Cardiologist suspects it was a reaction to an iron supplement I was on. Since stopping it has definitely improved, but I am curious what your heart rate is doing day to day things, such as cleaning.

Today while cleaning for about an hour ( dusting, going from hands and knees, to standing, vaccuming, rearranging, moving things around etc) my pulse reached a max of 131. Id say it averaged around 110-125 . When I would stand still it would range from 85-100

At rest it is around 65-75, and standing at rest without cleaning or exercising before, its aroung 80-90

My husbands is really low, so I never know whats "normal" or not. So curious what others experience. Thanks!

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Not exactly sure what you are trying to compare. “Cleaning” like any other activity, has a metabolic demand—ie. it requires a certain rate of oxygen uptake to perform. The demand will vary with the activity. Some types of cleaning will be very mild and require little increase in energy expenditure; some will be more strenuous.

Someone’s heart rate during cleaning or any other activity will depend on the activity, and their fitness level. So there are any number of heart rates that would be considered “normal”.

In your case, you have an identified medical isssue, which makes comparisons with others not very meaningful.
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Ninebubblewaters Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Guess I am just curious what others experience. I am off the supplement that caused issues. I realize everyone will be different
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Options
    I appreciate your reply ty! I have asked cardiologist about pots but she doesn't seem. To think it's that as I don't have symtoms with it. Just high heart rate. I can feel it pounding and such but I've grown to be very aware of my pulse from issues with thyroid and the supplement.

Feel so much better off of the iron though! Wow 190 groceries. Does it feel bad for you to have it that high?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My heart rate doesn’t go up too high because I take breaks between cleaning tasks.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your reply ty! I have asked cardiologist about pots but she doesn't seem. To think it's that as I don't have symtoms with it. Just high heart rate. I can feel it pounding and such but I've grown to be very aware of my pulse from issues with thyroid and the supplement.

Feel so much better off of the iron though! Wow 190 groceries. Does it feel bad for you to have it that high?

about 130 when cleaning, 190 when running fast.

Listen Fitwitchlifts, you're talking yourself into a panic. If you're cardiologist said you're fine and you feel fine when cleaning (you feel miserable if you do have pots) then this is how your body works. And of course you feel you heart if you think about it. You also feel your little toe if you think of it at any step. We're all different. Some people have a higher heartrate, others a slower one. Your cardiologist probably didn't say anything about it because she didn't know. A good sports doctor would though.

The image here: bdb726e8e43e677d2a34ee4791a78dfae66bd991.JPG shows the maximum heartrate in healthy people. Every dot is one person with their age and maximum heartrate. These are all healthy people. This is normal. You will most likely be quite a distance above the red line. As you can see there are many other people there.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate tends to average between high 50s and low 60s.
  • yirara
    Options
    Sounds normal. Also "At rest it is around 65-75, and standing at rest without cleaning or exercising before, its aroung 80-90" sounds normal to me. 65-75 hints towards a person who is doing quite some sport but could probably not run a half marathon. When I stand my heart rate is around 80-90 as well. Doesn't sound like pots either to be honest.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    About 90-110 while cleaning, 70-80 while standing, and 55-65 at rest. Running has me at about 145-165 depending on temperature and how hard I'm running. I have never seen my heart rate go beyond 172, but then again I probably don't push hard enough to reach my max although it feels like it sometimes on harder runs. I probably have a low heart rate max. Yours may just be higher than average. If you aren't experiencing any worrying symptoms I wouldn't worry.
  • yirara
    Options
    More numbers: my resting HR is around 50-55 (a bit lower even when sleeping), my max around 205. Around 70-80 when standing. And running anywhere from 165 to 190 depending on how hard I run (and higher for a maxHR attempt of course).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    I doubt mine would go over 100 spritzing the bathroom mirror and wiping it down.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    My heart rate has a tendancy to be high, other than accuse me of overdosing on my thyroid meds no one really cares

I can be sat resting and have it hit 120, I can be cleaning and have it at 90, running it can get into the 180's before breathlessness forces me to slow down
  • Ninebubblewaters
    Options
    I appreciate the replies thank you!
  • katjaxmusic
    katjaxmusic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Mine is pretty much a match for yours.
    But I suffer huge palpitations at resting so I'm seeing a cardiologist......