Fitbit Aria 2.... Is it worth it?

Options
Pros and cons? I've had an Alta for some time, and this scale seems like a good investment as well, but I'm looking for others' perspectives and input. I've lost a good amount of weight already and getting quite close to my end goal.

Replies

• Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I've heard that some people had issues with the first Aria and connectivity, but maybe this got fixed with this newer model. I think the pro would be the fact it syncs with MyFitnessPal. I have a scale called Yunami, and it shows the results on the app, and I manually add it to MyFitnessPal.

I've heard good things about a scale called Withings, but I don't own it. I think if you're used to Fitbit this scale might be good for you, and I will say as a Fitbit user they have really great customer service.
  • SarcasmNSass
    SarcasmNSass Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I love Fitbit. And i love that it auto updates. I'm forgetful lol the life of having four kids... lol.
  • pacoramirez5
    pacoramirez5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting the Aria 2 as well. Though I've read some mixed reviews; people have had issues with WiFi connectivity, so idk
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I had a discount code and got the Aria 2 cause I'm lazy and don't like manually logging my weight ;)

The Aria 2 has newer wifi hardware so should connect more easily; the first gen one used some pretty old technology, which is likely why people had issues with it syncing.

I quite like my Aria 2, but I did keep my old scale anyway - the two had a difference of less than 1 LB, which was pretty cool to see. I wanted the BF% feature, too, though, so the upgrade to an Aria was worth it for me. I know the BF% isn't going to be accurate in general, but I should be able to see a trend down over time.

~Lyssa
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have the original one and it's been fine.
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I bought an original on sale recently and have had no connection issues - perhaps there's been a firmware update?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I have the original Aria. No connection issues here either. I like it because I am challenged to remember 4 digits (or 7 if I’m tracking BF%) in the morning before coffee.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,866 Member
    Options
    I bought an original on sale recently and have had no connection issues - perhaps there's been a firmware update?

The wi-fi chipset they use in the original aria is capable of 802.11b
    You cannot firmware update this.

However modern routers and access points should be able to provide a connection to a legacy 802.11b device as long as they are providing service at 2.4GHz.

During the time of connection there will be a slow down in the mixed network. However, there is a very good chance that the Aria will connect and disconnect from the network quickly because staying connected uses battery power. As such the ongoing effect on network speed would be minimal.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/site_support/uploads/document_upload/GS1011M-PB.pdf
    https://blog.bolt.io/how-it-s-made-series-fitbit-aria-smart-scale-44c35056ca89