Meal Ideas

Hi! I'm looking for meal ideas using the following : 1,750 calories, 175g Protein, 70g Carbs and 85g of Fat.
Thanks!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I don't know how to answer this.

Eat food. Log it. If you miss your goals, adjust from there.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    That's a weird setup, looks unbalanced, hard to make into acceptable meals, unless you're willing to replace a meal with protein powder.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    If my calculations are correct, that's about 40% protein, 45% fat, and 15% carbs. Very, very difficult to achieve eating 'normal' foods/meals. I agree that protein supplementation is probably going to necessary if you truly intend to eat within these macros. And I guess lots of oils, butter, and fattier cuts of meat.

ETA, and lower carb veggies/leafy greens to cover as many micronutrients as possible.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    If my calculations are correct, that's about 40% protein, 45% fat, and 15% carbs. Very, very difficult to achieve eating 'normal' foods/meals. I agree that protein supplementation is probably going to necessary if you truly intend to eat within these macros. And I guess lots of oils, butter, and fattier cuts of meat.

ETA, and lower carb veggies/leafy greens to cover as many micronutrients as possible.

Thanks, but the ratio is 53% protein, 26% fat and 21% carbs.

I was also surprised to have so much fat, I don't normally eat that much unless I'm eating junk.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

I was also surprised to have so much fat, I don't normally eat that much unless I'm eating junk.

Gotcha. That's actually not terribly high in fat. Lower in carb than I eat, though, so I'm not much help with meal ideas!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

26% isn't really a lot. I usually get between 30-35%
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I didn't work the numbers, but try making a cobb salad (lettuce, tomato, grilled chicken, hard boiled egg, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, dressing of choice). It's my go to meal when I need a lot of protein, a moderate amount of fat and a modest amount of carbs.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member

26% isn't really a lot. I usually get between 30-35%

Probably looks high to me as the calorie allowance is higher than what I'm used to and I thought it would be higher in carbs.