Fallin off the wagon...looking for some friends on the same journey

Options
Hi y'all, A few years back, I was very successful using Mfitnesspal and utilizing it for keeping me on track and I also met some nice people who encouraged me along the way. I was able to loose over 100lbs but, as things go "life got in the way" I moved and just basically fell out of my routine. I have unfortunately gained back more than half of what I lost...I am now getting married in October and you would think that would be enough motivation to make me wanna stop being a hefer but, ya no. In the past year I've basically started and stopped multiple different weight loss crap, from weight watchers, to those online trainers etc but, not ever really committing and not ever going back to what I know really works for me...which is logging every freakin thing I shove into my mouth.
Long story short, I'm just looking for some people (preferably women) who are on the same journey as me.

Replies

• GothicsDarkAngel
    GothicsDarkAngel Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 34yo female.

Married 14 years, vow renewal in Jamaica in August. Highest weight 335, current 280's.
    New to fitbit and I've found it to be a great motivation. Intake is 1200-1400 calories a day per my physician.

Nice to meet you! Shoot me a msg if you'd like!
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Been there soooooo many times with starting and then giving up a few weeks/ months down the track. I’ve also tried lots of different things.
    I know this CI/CO business works though and so I’m back again. HAVE to lose this time as I now have extra reasons- so hoping that will keep me motivated. Currently feeling like this is a “last chance” so I’m pretty focussed right now. In the past though, I’ve always given up when it got hard, or I hit a plateau- I always found it hard to push through. I keep reminding myself how ill feel when I get there, and that it will all be worth it! Also I try to focus on why I’m doing this.... I want to feel better about myself more than I want a Big Mac and fries.

Been going just over a month now and have lost 5.7kg so far- which is about 11lbs I think.

We CAN do this! We just have to keep focusing on our “why”. Feel free to add me. :)
  • ashcakes72
    ashcakes72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • floceist
    floceist Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Congratulations on the weight you've been able to keep off. That is an accomplishment. I've been in MFP for over 5 years, sometimes more faithfully than others and the same thing with for be that works for you - honest logging. I'm always looking for new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • blakcolin
    blakcolin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am currently starting this journey again for like the millionth time. I am a thirty something working mommy. I am struggling to lose weight. I have had every blood test and supplement taken know by my Dr with no success. So here I am with no choice but the good old fashioned diet and exercise. Goodluck my friend!
  • rach3116
    rach3116 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I too feel as though I’m “starting over.” I’ve gained 40# over the past 3 years despite my attempts to keep it at bay from multiple treatments and hormones. I’ve lost this weight 2 other ones when I was younger and am able to keep it off for years- but with my already healthy lifestyle this one threw me for a loop... so here I am, the heaviest I’ve ever been but very determined to get my body back despite what it’s been through! I’m very active on MFP and always love more friends!