Barre results

Options
I just want to tell everyone, try barre classes!! I've been doing them 4 times a week for about 3 months now, and the results are just incredible. I look like I've had a butt lift, it's gone from saggy to really pert. My abs are defined, my whole body feels really toned.

I started with Barre3, switched to Suzanne Bowen, now I'm doing Physique 57.

Replies

• Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to look into barre classes once I'm working again and bringing in funds. The difficult thing is finding a studio that is either 1) on my way to/from work and/or 2) open at hours that work with my schedule. When I was working in the past, it seemed like neither of these lined up. But that's true for most fitness classes around here.
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I stream them online - there's no fitness classes where I live.
  • camsam330
    camsam330 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've started streaming barre classes online too. When did you start seeing results? Were you doing 60 mins/day? I've started doing the 40 minute no props workout, but not sure how fast I should try to go through more challenging workouts to get results.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I've tried to stream some barre workouts and I really like them. I feel a little defeated in that I'd actually like to have a "barre" to use. Do you have a barre in your home or are you using some type of modified equipment?
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options

I love this idea! Tell us more please!

• jrsygrl_in_ga
    jrsygrl_in_ga Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try Barre3... www.barre3.com You don't need a barre at home - you use a "waist high surface" - either a chair or countertop. In Barre3, the barre is just there for balance support, you don't put your weight on it. Some of the workouts require "props" which can be a yoga mat, barre3 ball, light hand held weights (2 or 3 # is plenty), and now some use a resistance band. You can get a good work out w/o any of the props too. There are modifications for every exercise. The thing I love about Barre3 is there are workout options for 10 min, 30 min, 40 min, and 60 min so if you only have 10 min here or there, you can find a great workout! They have some 10 min workouts online that you can do for free too. and no, I don't work for them! :-)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • J_Ley
    J_Ley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I love barre, but feel like I should be lifting heavier. Maybe I'll do both.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I have a barreAmped dvd. Idk, it's not my thing. I like more movement. It would be good if I needed something low impact or if I couldn't lift heavy for some reason .
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've seen results from a mixture of many different forms of group fitness including Barre. Personally, I believe variety helps all round fitness.
  • trudiebamford
    Options
    camsam330 wrote: »
    Hi! I've started streaming barre classes online too. When did you start seeing results? Were you doing 60 mins/day? I've started doing the 40 minute no props workout, but not sure how fast I should try to go through more challenging workouts to get results.

I do 40-60 minute workouts, three times a week. I saw results pretty fast, within a month!
  • trudiebamford
    Options
    CMNVA wrote: »
    I've tried to stream some barre workouts and I really like them. I feel a little defeated in that I'd actually like to have a "barre" to use. Do you have a barre in your home or are you using some type of modified equipment?

I do, but more often I just use a shelf, it's really only to steady yourself against.

• trudiebamford
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »

I love this idea! Tell us more please!

I'd recommend Barre3 or Suzanne Bowen.
  • trudiebamford
    Options
    J_Ley wrote: »
    Thanks for this! I love barre, but feel like I should be lifting heavier. Maybe I'll do both.

I know what you mean. Suzanne Bowen has some videos with heavier weights, so does Physique 57, although we're still only talking 10lbs. I must say though, just from doing lighter weights, my arm definition is amazing - I have never had obvious muscle in my upper body until now.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I love barre!
  • kticoulet
    kticoulet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    +1 to Trudiebamford. I have a hell of a time trying to build upper body strength but after going to Barre3 classes for awhile now (2 years), at most 3x/week and often less than that, with some months off due to work and all... my shoulders and arms look great. Better definition than what I had with heavier weights. 2 lb weights. Honest. Gotta work on my triceps though (@$%@^@ genetics!)
  • azkabanned
    azkabanned Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Barre is sooooo painful the next day, but I find comfort in the fact that the other girls in the class are also struggling more or less.
  • MrsClevenger11
    MrsClevenger11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a barreAmped dvd. Idk, it's not my thing. I like more movement. It would be good if I needed something low impact or if I couldn't lift heavy for some reason .

Have you tried her barre Amped cardio? I understand liking more movement, but I am addicted to the burn of the small toning movements!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Nope. Had no desire to try another one. I stick to my regular cardio and heavy compound lifts.