Meatloaf

Options
How many calories in homemade Meatloaf?

Kim

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    It's going to vary wildly depending on your particular recipe. This is what the recipe builder is for :smile:

mka2ivor5m8o.jpg
  • Kimma41
    Kimma41 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh cool I had no idea about the recipe builder!! Thanx
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Mine is 390 calories per serving and my "loaf" makes four generous servings.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Kimma41 wrote: »
    Oh cool I had no idea about the recipe builder!! Thanx

When you save your recipe, make sure you give it a name you'll recognize again -- Kimma's Meatloaf, or some such. There are a bajillion meatloaf recipes on the site.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You don't have to share it to the database. I'm fact, I'd recommend not - as we all know, it is cluttered enough already! It will still be available for you to add to your diary from the recipes tab.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Another good reason not to save it is that -- unless they've changed it -- when you say you want to share it, MFP asks for all kinds of information (kind of food, prep time, directions) that just goes into a black hole. In fact, I'm not sure it really is possible to share a recipe -- that was a feature they were once considering (which is what all the extra info was for), but never implemented. When you see a "homemade meatloaf" entry in the database, that's a "my food" entry, not a "my recipe" entry, I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, OP, the thing that a lot of people get confused by with the recipe builder is the number of servings. You decide that. A lot of people use the total grams of the finished recipe as the number of servings and then when they log it, they just enter the number of grams in their portion as the number of servings. I usually prefer to make the number of servings closer to a realistic serving, so I put the number of servings in the name of the recipe. For example, let's say my finished meat loaf is 1 lb (448 g), and I decide that I will get four servings from it (448/4 = 212 g). I name it "Beef-lamb-pork meatloaf (srvg = 212 g)". That way, I don't have to remember later how large a serving is, and if I want more or less than 212 g, I just divide the grams in my actual portion by 212 and log the result as the number of servings.
  • app_119
    app_119 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel silly, but I can’t figure out how you get to the recipe builder. I would love to use this feature.