Finally got a weigh-in!!

Options
It's been 2.5 months since I started the C25K program and adjusted my eating/drinking habits. I was at 220 pounds when I started. I've noticed my body changing over the weeks (and weeks), and can now see my waistline and my belt buckle (something I haven't seen in a long time). My goal was to lose 20 pounds to start.

I've been wondering how much weight I've lost but I don't have a scale at home. But I finally had one handy when I went to visit my parents yesterday (Sunday). I was afraid to get onto the scale for fear it wasn't 20 pounds yet.

But I had to weight myself to find out. After I did, I stepped off the scale, moved it somewhere else, and weighed myself again. I questioned its accuracy but was assured it was working properly.

I now weigh 185 pounds. A drop of 35 pounds. I haven't weighed this much (little?) since my college days 15 years ago!!

Replies

• jbretz
    jbretz Posts: 43
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm hoping for similar results when I weigh myself for the first time in forever later this week. :)
  • xxhollow
    xxhollow Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow! That's incredible! 35lbs in a great accomplishment!
  • dave_in_delaware
    dave_in_delaware Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you jbretz and xxhollow. I was quite surprised by what the scale told me. I was figuring I didn't even lose my goal of 20 pounds yet, so it was a pleasant surprise!
  • Abs1929
    Abs1929 Posts: 5
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I'm trying to NOT step on the scale, because I just see it go down in small amounts. But it's hard to break the habit of not stepping on it every day. I should hide it for a couple months. Keep up the good work!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 35 lbs in less than 3 months is awesome!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!! Congratulations.
  • dave_in_delaware
    dave_in_delaware Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for the kind and encouraging words!!

@Abs1929: NOT stepping on a scale was really easy for me, because I don't own one! LOL. I actually had to wait until I was somewhere where I felt comfortable enough to ask if I could use their scale. Maybe you can have your spouse, significant other, or a freind "steal" your scale for a while so you can't look at it daily?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!